Question on Exchange Full Text Search

Post by T Fawk » Wed, 15 Aug 2001 01:24:17

I am having problems setting up the full text search index on MS
Exchange 2000.

I have followed through the instructions (ie select the public
folders, click on create index, then full population once it has
created etc.). However the index results are coming back with nothing
even though there are messages and .doc attachments there.

I am getting mixed information as to whether it is possible to do a
full text search on public folders.

I have tried different permissions (including allowing all users full
control) but it still will not index the public folders (or the mail
boxes for that matter).

Once I make the index "Available to users", it then prevents very
simple searches (ie on message subjects) unusable.

Firstly is it possible to do a full index search using MSX 2000 with
Outlook 2000 ?

Secondly, are there any other settings or configuration changes I need
to make ?

Thanks in advance

Tim

1. Full-text search in Exchange ?

Hi

I'm not shure if this is the right place to post my question, if not
please direct me to the right newsgroup.

I'm using Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000.

Is there a way to full text search a public folder including attachments
in messages ? (Its possible in Lotus Notes)

I'm thinking about a knowledge base solution based on existing Word
documents which will be imported into a public folder.

Thanks for any help.

Greetings

Udo Moritz

2. No inbound mail with forwarding to smart host

3. full-text search on Exchange 5.5 priv

4. Cannot SEND anything to an AOL recipient???

5. How to facilitate Full Text searching in exchange

6. Outlook/Exchange Server 5.5 over the Internet

7. Full-Text Problems (Microsoft Search Service)

8. OWA - New account showing ??? as inbox and others

9. Full Text Indexed Search of Multiple Folders

10. Full-Text Problems (Microsoft Search Service)

11. Full text searching

12. Full text Searching