Distribution List = Mainilg list?

Post by Gene Lew » Thu, 29 May 1997 04:00:00

Can I use exchange's DL's to act as as an SMTP mailing list? Would
this require an extra application? I can't believe that with the power
of exchange (and the resources it consumes..) that it cannot perform
such a simple task. Mailing lists are part of every major
internet/SMTP mailing system.....

Am I way off on this??

Distribution List = Mainilg list?

Post by Matthew Thomaso » Fri, 30 May 1997 04:00:00

Gene,

There's at least ways of doing this.

The simplest is to create custom recipients for each SMTP email address
and add them to a distribution list. Mails addressed to

addresses. However, the administrator will have to sit at the server and
subscribe people to lists manually.

I also know that somewhere in the MSDN Library samples there is an
mailbox agent that turns a shared folder into a fully featured
distribution list with the facility for users to subscribe themselves.

Matt Thomason

http://www.nemesis.ml.org

> this require an extra application? I can't believe that with the power
> of exchange (and the resources it consumes..) that it cannot perform
> such a simple task. Mailing lists are part of every major
> internet/SMTP mailing system.....

> Am I way off on this??

1. Distribution List = Mainilg list?

Can I use exchange's DL's to act as as an SMTP mailing list? Would
this require an extra application? I can't believe that with the power
of exchange (and the resources it consumes..) that it cannot perform
such a simple task. Mailing lists are part of every major
internet/SMTP mailing system.....

Am I way off on this??

2. Exchnage2000 Anti Spam

3. Active Server Pages 'Requests Queued' stuck at 191+

4. Exchange 2000 and x400 connector

5. How can I ...?

6. Distribution List of Distribution Lists

7. Moving Personal Distribution Lists to Gloabl Distribution Lists

8. programmatic modification of members of a distribution list (DL) on the global address list (GAL)

9. Export a personal distribution list to exchange 5.5 public list

10. Distribution List / Mailing List Software