ARCserve 2000 to backup Exchange 2000

Post by Want To Kno » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 14:35:42

My backup job is reported as "Backup Operation Incomplete"
From the log it shows all the files/drive that I chose is backuped up
including the Exchange 2000 Information store and Mailbox (brick level)

However, in the beginning 2 lines of the backup log, the below messages show

AW0000 Skip invalid shared or volume dbaexchis
AW0000 Skip invalid shared or volume dbaxchg2

and the operation is incompleted. No other error messages are reported.

Is this a bug from E2K or ARCserve ?

ARCserve 2000 to backup Exchange 2000

Post by Paul Kin » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 23:45:13

Not sure for E2k but I got the same when we put on ArcServe Exchange Agent
for Ex5.5!

Backup operation incomplete.

If you want to check, just try a restore of one of the mailboxes to another
folder or dummy user - that way, you'll know for sure!

Regards
Paul.

Quote:> My backup job is reported as "Backup Operation Incomplete"
> From the log it shows all the files/drive that I chose is backuped up
> including the Exchange 2000 Information store and Mailbox (brick level)

> However, in the beginning 2 lines of the backup log, the below messages
show

> AW0000 Skip invalid shared or volume dbaexchis
> AW0000 Skip invalid shared or volume dbaxchg2

> and the operation is incompleted. No other error messages are reported.

> Is this a bug from E2K or ARCserve ?

ARCserve 2000 to backup Exchange 2000

Post by Michael War » Thu, 09 Aug 2001 02:28:44

Are you trying to Backup the M:?

You can't do that.

Quote:> My backup job is reported as "Backup Operation Incomplete"
> From the log it shows all the files/drive that I chose is backuped up
> including the Exchange 2000 Information store and Mailbox (brick level)

> However, in the beginning 2 lines of the backup log, the below messages
show

> AW0000 Skip invalid shared or volume dbaexchis
> AW0000 Skip invalid shared or volume dbaxchg2

> and the operation is incompleted. No other error messages are reported.

> Is this a bug from E2K or ARCserve ?

ARCserve 2000 to backup Exchange 2000

Post by Want To Kno » Thu, 09 Aug 2001 13:04:01

no. i'm not backing up the M: drive
i select the First Storage and Individual Mailboxes (Brick - Level) in the
backup job in ARCserve manager.

ARCserve really sucks. I should move on to VERITAS .. ya ?

> Are you trying to Backup the M:?

> You can't do that.

> > My backup job is reported as "Backup Operation Incomplete"
> > From the log it shows all the files/drive that I chose is backuped up
> > including the Exchange 2000 Information store and Mailbox (brick level)

> > However, in the beginning 2 lines of the backup log, the below messages
> show

> > AW0000 Skip invalid shared or volume dbaexchis
> > AW0000 Skip invalid shared or volume dbaxchg2

> > and the operation is incompleted. No other error messages are reported.

> > Is this a bug from E2K or ARCserve ?

ARCserve 2000 to backup Exchange 2000

Post by Dan Billingsle » Thu, 09 Aug 2001 19:35:02

You think arcserve is bad,  wait till you try BackupExec.  I just scrapped
$2500 in Veritas licensing to switch!

Are you sure those log messages are related to exchange?

Quote:> no. i'm not backing up the M: drive
> i select the First Storage and Individual Mailboxes (Brick - Level) in the
> backup job in ARCserve manager.

> ARCserve really sucks. I should move on to VERITAS .. ya ?

1. ARCserve 2000 to backup Exchange 2000

My backup job is reported as "Backup Operation Incomplete"
From the log it shows all the files/drive that I chose is backuped up
including the Exchange 2000 Information store and Mailbox (brick level)

However, in the beginning 2 lines of the backup log, the below messages show

AW0000 Skip invalid shared or volume dbaexchis
AW0000 Skip invalid shared or volume dbaxchg2

and the operation is incompleted. No other error messages are reported.

Is this a bug from E2K or ARCserve ?

2. Mail-processor for Exchange server 5.0

3. Slow access for Remote Exchange 5 and Outlook users

4. Backup Error !?? exchange 2000 + arcserve 2000

5. Outlook Won't Sync. Server

6. Backup Failures: Exchange 2000 w/ ArcServe 2000

7. Permission error when resend a message

8. ARCServe 2000 Exchange aware? Exchange 5.5 backup plan

9. Using Arcserve to backup Exchange 2000

10. Problem with ArcServe 2000 Exchange Backup Agent

11. Exchange 5.5 IS Backup with Arcserve 2000 (7.0)

12. Problem with ArcServe 2000 Exchange Backup Agent