Creating server-side mail filter for Exchange 5.5 (in Delphi)

Creating server-side mail filter for Exchange 5.5 (in Delphi)

Post by Leon Zandma » Tue, 13 Feb 2001 20:52:35

Hi,

For the last couple of weeks I have been searching for a way to create
an e-mail filter that will scan all incoming e-mails and log e-mail that
has been bounced into a database. Currently we use a CDO-application
that acts as a 'custom rule' in Outlook 97. It works fine, but it has
some disadvantages: it only works on one mailbox, it only runs when
Outlook is running, the user is still able to notice that a bounced
e-mail arrived (because of the Outlook new e-mail notification).

So what I really want to create is a filter that should be installed
into the Exchange 5.5 server. I know this must be possible, because I've
seen some commercially available apps that for instance could add a
standard disclaimer to every outgoing e-mail. This is basically the same
thing I want: intercept every incoming e-mail; scan the e-mail for
patterns of bounced mail (for example: subject=Mail Undeliverable); log
the original recipients in a database; delete the e-mail.
I've read some things about event sinks etc., but I couldn't find any
usable example.

Can anybody tell me how to do this (preferably in Borland Delphi).

Greetings,

Leon Zandman

1. 3rd Party Server-Side Junk Mail Filters?

Does anyone know of any 3rd party Server-Side Junk Mail Filters?

I realize Outlook98 can filter, but I wanted to put something on the Server
itself to prevent it from even getting to the client.

Thanks,

Robin Panattoni

2. Schedule+ PRT files

3. Server-side email filters native in Exchange 2000

4. Error 401.1 when trying to use OWA and IIS4

5. Exchange 2K & 5.5 Side-by-side

6. Removing Exchange

7. Server Side Filter

8. Generic Log In w/ Exchange Server

9. Server Side filter

10. Server Side Filter

11. Client Side Rule Conflict with Exchange Server Side Rules

12. how to create Mailboxes using Delphi or ASP