Custom Forms for OWA

Post by BNCT » Wed, 11 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Has anybody tackled creating custom web forms for OWA yet?

I already have the forms design wizard, and can't figure out how to
customize the page yet.  Is this a manual operation?

Custom Forms for OWA

Post by Ian Morris » Thu, 12 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
I have customized a contact form (the subscription page at http://wsh.glazier.co.nz). It enables visitors to my web site to subscribe to a mailing list. I can then use Outlook to generate lists of users depending on the custom fields selected.
Just design a new Outlook form for a public folder (Place any custom files in the (P.2) page) and customize it.
I have found that if you customize the main page it will not be reflected in OWA version.
Then you edit the generated ASP pages. I removed some contact files, removed the tabs and copied the fields from the custom page to the main page (also need to copy custom field ID info in the .inc file to the main form .inc file). I also had to modify the  field validation code to only check the fields that I had left on the form.
The hard part was finding out the URL used to call the form. I can't for the life of me remember how I did this but I'm going to write a note on it as soon as I can remember.
Regards,
Ian

Custom Forms for OWA

Post by Rick Spiewa » Thu, 12 Nov 1998 04:00:00

If you use the Outlook HTML Forms converter, all you need to do is
design the form in Outlook and convert it, sometimes you need to stop
and restart IIS to get it to recognize a new form. Also, script is not
converted,
and look out for overlapping controls.

>Has anybody tackled creating custom web forms for OWA yet?

>I already have the forms design wizard, and can't figure out how to
>customize the page yet.  Is this a manual operation?

Custom Forms for OWA

Post by M. Mark Dude » Sat, 14 Nov 1998 04:00:00

We are running several custom forms for Outlook Web Access.  It's not too
hard to do.  There is a very good book on custom forms called "Building
Applications with Outlook 98" by Microsoft Press.  It has very
straightforward example projects and explains the process very well.  This
book tells you how to create custom forms for Outlook.  Putting the forms on
the Web server for OWA is easy with the HTML Form Converter utility.  Good
Luck.

>Has anybody tackled creating custom web forms for OWA yet?

>I already have the forms design wizard, and can't figure out how to
>customize the page yet.  Is this a manual operation?

Custom Forms for OWA

Post by BNCT » Thu, 19 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I finally got the Form Convertor to work!  Thanks.

Now, has anyone figured out how to get a custom form to default as the form
to use when posting to a specific folder?

>We are running several custom forms for Outlook Web Access.  It's not too
>hard to do.  There is a very good book on custom forms called "Building
>Applications with Outlook 98" by Microsoft Press.  It has very
>straightforward example projects and explains the process very well.  This
>book tells you how to create custom forms for Outlook.  Putting the forms
on
>the Web server for OWA is easy with the HTML Form Converter utility.  Good
>Luck.

>>Has anybody tackled creating custom web forms for OWA yet?

>>I already have the forms design wizard, and can't figure out how to
>>customize the page yet.  Is this a manual operation?

1. Custom forms in OWA

We have public folders, and remote users access these folders using OWA.
But some of these folders are set to have reply posts posted using a custom
form.  When the OWA users try to reply to one of these folders, they get an
error message "There was a problem sending the message.  Try again or
 cancel"  I'm assuming the problem is the OWA users don't have access to the
custom form.  I created a Organization Forms using the Forms Admin in
Exchange, and put the custom form in there, but it didn't make a difference.
I'm thinking that the "Outlook HTML Forms Conversion Program" I read about
in another post is probably in the right direction, but where do I get it,
and where do I publish the form so that the OWA users can view it.

Thanks in advance,
Randy Robbins

2. Domain prep

3. Exchange w/Child Domains