Automatic booking reply from Outlook 98/Exchange 5.5 SP1

Automatic booking reply from Outlook 98/Exchange 5.5 SP1

Post by Kurt Jense » Thu, 21 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi!!

How do I set up calendar ressources on exchange? - I want to be able to book
a car or a meetingroom from Outlook 98 and make them reply automatic if the
booking is okay. Does anyone know how to do that??

I have made the accounts on exchange and I have set them up in Outlook 98 to
automaticly accept the booking, but because I don't have an active outlook
client running the accounts (4 cars and 6 meeting rooms) they never reply.
Is there a way to make exchange reply for them??

Hope that you understand my problem and can solve for me!!

Thanks!!

Kurt Jensen

Please also reply by email.

Automatic booking reply from Outlook 98/Exchange 5.5 SP1

Post by Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook » Thu, 21 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Take a look at this MS KB article, it may help:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q184/2/71.asp

You can also get this article by sending an E-mail with a subject of

Quote:> Hi!!

> How do I set up calendar ressources on exchange? - I want to be able to
book
> a car or a meetingroom from Outlook 98 and make them reply automatic if
the
> booking is okay. Does anyone know how to do that??

> I have made the accounts on exchange and I have set them up in Outlook 98
> automaticly accept the booking, but because I don't have an active outlook
> client running the accounts (4 cars and 6 meeting rooms) they never reply.
> Is there a way to make exchange reply for them??

> Hope that you understand my problem and can solve for me!!

Automatic booking reply from Outlook 98/Exchange 5.5 SP1

Post by Joshua Campbel » Thu, 21 Jan 1999 04:00:00

In our location, we have a shared calendar, where each of us puts in when we
are going to be out of the office.  The problem is that when we invite this
calendar, the only things that are accepted are the items where there are no
conflicts.  Will this action allow the automatic acceptance of items when
they conflict?

Thanks.
Joshua Campbell

>Take a look at this MS KB article, it may help:
>http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q184/2/71.asp

>You can also get this article by sending an E-mail with a subject of

>> Hi!!

>> How do I set up calendar ressources on exchange? - I want to be able to
>book
>> a car or a meetingroom from Outlook 98 and make them reply automatic if
>the
>> booking is okay. Does anyone know how to do that??

>> I have made the accounts on exchange and I have set them up in Outlook 98
>> automaticly accept the booking, but because I don't have an active
outlook
>> client running the accounts (4 cars and 6 meeting rooms) they never
reply.
>> Is there a way to make exchange reply for them??

>> Hope that you understand my problem and can solve for me!!

Automatic booking reply from Outlook 98/Exchange 5.5 SP1

Post by Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook » Thu, 21 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Not sure... if not, you could change the script to do what you want...

Quote:> In our location, we have a shared calendar, where each of us puts in when

Post by Amiri Jone » Thu, 21 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>In our location, we have a shared calendar, where each of us puts in when
we
>are going to be out of the office.  The problem is that when we invite this
>calendar, the only things that are accepted are the items where there are
no
>conflicts.  Will this action allow the automatic acceptance of items when
>they conflict?

    I'd say you have 2 choices:

    1.  Bone up on your VBScript and modify the autoaccept script to accept
all invitations, regardless of conflicts.
    2.  Switch to manually entering appointments on this joint calendar;
change the permissions on this calendar folder to allow everybody to view
the calendar, and add/remove their own appointments.

Automatic booking reply from Outlook 98/Exchange 5.5 SP1

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:00:00

See http://www.slipstick.com/exchange/skedresource.htm for a general
discussion of different ways to make this work, plus an autoaccept scrpt.
--
Sue Mosher
Author of "The Microsoft Outlook E-mail and Fax Guide"
http://www.slipstick.com/exchange/

> Hi!!

> How do I set up calendar ressources on exchange? - I want to be able to
book
> a car or a meetingroom from Outlook 98 and make them reply automatic if
the
> booking is okay. Does anyone know how to do that??

> I have made the accounts on exchange and I have set them up in Outlook 98
> automaticly accept the booking, but because I don't have an active outlook
> client running the accounts (4 cars and 6 meeting rooms) they never reply.
> Is there a way to make exchange reply for them??

> Hope that you understand my problem and can solve for me!!

> Thanks!!

> Kurt Jensen

> Please also reply by email.

1. Automatic booking reply from Outlook 98/Exchange 5.5 SP1

Hi!!

How do I set up calendar ressources on exchange? - I want to be able to book
a car or a meetingroom from Outlook 98 and make them reply automatic if the
booking is okay. Does anyone know how to do that??

I have made the accounts on exchange and I have set them up in Outlook 98 to
automaticly accept the booking, but because I don't have an active outlook
client running the accounts (4 cars and 6 meeting rooms) they never reply.
Is there a way to make exchange reply for them??

Hope that you understand my problem and can solve for me!!

Thanks!!

Kurt Jensen

Please also reply by email.

2. Backing up

3. ADC, ADMT, ADCLEAN and migration issues

4. Automatic Resource Booking w/Outlook '98

5. Dial Up Connection At Stand Still

6. Outlook 98 Meeting planner & Exchange 5.5 sp1

7. Stripping attachments before forwarding

8. Exchange 5.5 SP1 and Outlook 98

9. Exchange 5.5 SP1 & Outlook 98

10. OL 98 and S/MIME with Exchange 5.5 SP1