Lose access to Publics Folder Tree (mdbuv32.exe ?)

Lose access to Publics Folder Tree (mdbuv32.exe ?)

Post by or » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 03:24:30



Hi,
I ve an exchange2000 with SP 3 on win2k SP2 in a single win2k  domain
with no other exchange.

I cannot access to M:\mydomain\public folders, but i can access to
M:\mydomain\mbx.
With outlook or exchange system manager it's the same.

All works fine less public folders and the information that was in it.
NTBackup works fine and  it can be backup Publics Folder.
Eseutil, isinteg  utilities say me thats it s all ok.

i suppose i ve tu use mdbuv32 utility, but how?

please help me.

 
 
 

Lose access to Publics Folder Tree (mdbuv32.exe ?)

Post by Ted Cormier [MSFT » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 03:32:29


What error do you get, or what does the pop up box report when you can not
access it?
Are you using any Anti Virus program that is scanning the M Drive, or do you
backup the M drive?

Ted Cormier
Microsoft Exchange Support

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup
purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
confers no rights.


Quote:> Hi,
> I ve an exchange2000 with SP 3 on win2k SP2 in a single win2k  domain
> with no other exchange.

> I cannot access to M:\mydomain\public folders, but i can access to
> M:\mydomain\mbx.
> With outlook or exchange system manager it's the same.

> All works fine less public folders and the information that was in it.
> NTBackup works fine and  it can be backup Publics Folder.
> Eseutil, isinteg  utilities say me thats it s all ok.

> i suppose i ve tu use mdbuv32 utility, but how?

> please help me.


 
 
 

Lose access to Publics Folder Tree (mdbuv32.exe ?)

Post by Leif Pederse » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 03:38:30


Hi,

What are the error messages you get when you try to access the public
folders.??

If it is just the content of the folders you have lost the best thing would
be to restore. If it is a permission problem (did you try to set permissions
on the M drive?) you will need to reset these.

Leif

 
 
 

Lose access to Publics Folder Tree (mdbuv32.exe ?)

Post by or » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 06:03:22


No antivirus, veritas backup installed.
Article 282125 and 325923 describe exactly the problem, but don't
resolve it.
I try the procedure in article 275171 but nothing,i ask to microsoft
the Updatefb.exe to try the second option in this article ( ..i still
waiting)
The problem has come out after an hard recovery (with eseutil) of the
private store.
Thanks for answer


> What error do you get, or what does the pop up box report when you can not
> access it?
> Are you using any Anti Virus program that is scanning the M Drive, or do you
> backup the M drive?

> Ted Cormier
> Microsoft Exchange Support

> Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup
> purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
> confers no rights.



> > Hi,
> > I ve an exchange2000 with SP 3 on win2k SP2 in a single win2k  domain
> > with no other exchange.

> > I cannot access to M:\mydomain\public folders, but i can access to
> > M:\mydomain\mbx.
> > With outlook or exchange system manager it's the same.

> > All works fine less public folders and the information that was in it.
> > NTBackup works fine and  it can be backup Publics Folder.
> > Eseutil, isinteg  utilities say me thats it s all ok.

> > i suppose i ve tu use mdbuv32 utility, but how?

> > please help me.

 
 
 

Lose access to Publics Folder Tree (mdbuv32.exe ?)

Post by or » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 06:06:47



> Hi,

> What are the error messages you get when you try to access the public
> folders.??

> If it is just the content of the folders you have lost the best thing would
> be to restore. If it is a permission problem (did you try to set permissions
> on the M drive?) you will need to reset these.

> Leif

I work on the server with administrator account ,in the security tab
admin have full control, i can manage security but i cannot see
folders.
Article 282125 and 325923 describe exactly the problem, but don't
resolve it.
I try the procedure in article 275171 but nothing.
The problem has come out after an hard recovery (with eseutil) of the
private store.
Thanks for answer
 
 
 

Lose access to Publics Folder Tree (mdbuv32.exe ?)

Post by Ted Cormier [MSFT » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 06:34:33


Please advise the exact steps your took when you say;
"The problem has come out after an hard recovery (with eseutil) of the
private store."

What command did you run with the eseutil exactly.

Did you run isinteg?
with any of the commands within [not telling you to, just fact finding];
301460 XADM: Exchange 2000 Command-Line Parameters for the Isinteg.exe Tool
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=301460

328763 XADM: Troubleshooting a Corrupted Exchange 2000 Database
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=328763

--
Ted Cormier
Microsoft Exchange Support

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup
purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
confers no rights

Don't miss out on FREE training at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;pwebcst&expan...


> No antivirus, veritas backup installed.
> Article 282125 and 325923 describe exactly the problem, but don't
> resolve it.
> I try the procedure in article 275171 but nothing,i ask to microsoft
> the Updatefb.exe to try the second option in this article ( ..i still
> waiting)
> The problem has come out after an hard recovery (with eseutil) of the
> private store.
> Thanks for answer




> > What error do you get, or what does the pop up box report when you can
not
> > access it?
> > Are you using any Anti Virus program that is scanning the M Drive, or do
you
> > backup the M drive?

> > Ted Cormier
> > Microsoft Exchange Support

> > Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup
> > purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
> > confers no rights.



> > > Hi,
> > > I ve an exchange2000 with SP 3 on win2k SP2 in a single win2k  domain
> > > with no other exchange.

> > > I cannot access to M:\mydomain\public folders, but i can access to
> > > M:\mydomain\mbx.
> > > With outlook or exchange system manager it's the same.

> > > All works fine less public folders and the information that was in it.
> > > NTBackup works fine and  it can be backup Publics Folder.
> > > Eseutil, isinteg  utilities say me thats it s all ok.

> > > i suppose i ve tu use mdbuv32 utility, but how?

> > > please help me.

 
 
 

Lose access to Publics Folder Tree (mdbuv32.exe ?)

Post by or » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 20:39:41


Hi
i run eseutil /p command with priv1.edb and priv1.stm
after that i able to mount priv store an all mail box work fine
pub1.edb always mount and work, but after the restore of the priv1.edb
i cannot access publi folder tree.
So i try eseutil /p command with pub1.edb and isinteg with -fix and
alltests options,  but the commands say me that there is no errors.
In event viewer there are only logs about w3svc and nntpsvc because
they cannot acces to M:\publi folders.
In system manager i cannot access public folder tree, in public store
tree under replicas , all replicas are disapeared  (free/busy, and
newsgooup replicas).

I think mdbuv32.exe  can reset the public store, may you point me to
the procedure?


> Please advise the exact steps your took when you say;
> "The problem has come out after an hard recovery (with eseutil) of the
> private store."

> What command did you run with the eseutil exactly.

> Did you run isinteg?
> with any of the commands within [not telling you to, just fact finding];
> 301460 XADM: Exchange 2000 Command-Line Parameters for the Isinteg.exe Tool
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=301460

> 328763 XADM: Troubleshooting a Corrupted Exchange 2000 Database
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=328763

> --
> Ted Cormier
> Microsoft Exchange Support

> Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup
> purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
> confers no rights

> Don't miss out on FREE training at
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;pwebcst&expan...



> > No antivirus, veritas backup installed.
> > Article 282125 and 325923 describe exactly the problem, but don't
> > resolve it.
> > I try the procedure in article 275171 but nothing,i ask to microsoft
> > the Updatefb.exe to try the second option in this article ( ..i still
> > waiting)
> > The problem has come out after an hard recovery (with eseutil) of the
> > private store.
> > Thanks for answer



> > > What error do you get, or what does the pop up box report when you can
>  not
> > > access it?
> > > Are you using any Anti Virus program that is scanning the M Drive, or do
>  you
> > > backup the M drive?

> > > Ted Cormier
> > > Microsoft Exchange Support

> > > Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
>  newsgroup
> > > purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
> > > confers no rights.



> > > > Hi,
> > > > I ve an exchange2000 with SP 3 on win2k SP2 in a single win2k  domain
> > > > with no other exchange.

> > > > I cannot access to M:\mydomain\public folders, but i can access to
> > > > M:\mydomain\mbx.
> > > > With outlook or exchange system manager it's the same.

> > > > All works fine less public folders and the information that was in it.
> > > > NTBackup works fine and  it can be backup Publics Folder.
> > > > Eseutil, isinteg  utilities say me thats it s all ok.

> > > > i suppose i ve tu use mdbuv32 utility, but how?

> > > > please help me.

 
 
 

Lose access to Publics Folder Tree (mdbuv32.exe ?)

Post by or » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 23:19:59


i run isinteg with -fix and alltests option , i rin esutil with /p  on
pub1.edb and pub1.stm, i remeber you that publi store works,  i can
mount and dismount it, i cannot broswe publi tree folder, in public
store all replicas was disapared, i can see system folders of the
public store, only the public tre folder in unaccesuble.
May you point me to a procedure to reset or restore public tree with
mdbuv32.exe or somthing like that?


> Please advise the exact steps your took when you say;
> "The problem has come out after an hard recovery (with eseutil) of the
> private store."

> What command did you run with the eseutil exactly.

> Did you run isinteg?
> with any of the commands within [not telling you to, just fact finding];
> 301460 XADM: Exchange 2000 Command-Line Parameters for the Isinteg.exe Tool
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=301460

> 328763 XADM: Troubleshooting a Corrupted Exchange 2000 Database
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=328763

> --
> Ted Cormier
> Microsoft Exchange Support

> Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup
> purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
> confers no rights

> Don't miss out on FREE training at
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;pwebcst&expan...



> > No antivirus, veritas backup installed.
> > Article 282125 and 325923 describe exactly the problem, but don't
> > resolve it.
> > I try the procedure in article 275171 but nothing,i ask to microsoft
> > the Updatefb.exe to try the second option in this article ( ..i still
> > waiting)
> > The problem has come out after an hard recovery (with eseutil) of the
> > private store.
> > Thanks for answer



> > > What error do you get, or what does the pop up box report when you can
>  not
> > > access it?
> > > Are you using any Anti Virus program that is scanning the M Drive, or do
>  you
> > > backup the M drive?

> > > Ted Cormier
> > > Microsoft Exchange Support

> > > Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
>  newsgroup
> > > purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
> > > confers no rights.



> > > > Hi,
> > > > I ve an exchange2000 with SP 3 on win2k SP2 in a single win2k  domain
> > > > with no other exchange.

> > > > I cannot access to M:\mydomain\public folders, but i can access to
> > > > M:\mydomain\mbx.
> > > > With outlook or exchange system manager it's the same.

> > > > All works fine less public folders and the information that was in it.
> > > > NTBackup works fine and  it can be backup Publics Folder.
> > > > Eseutil, isinteg  utilities say me thats it s all ok.

> > > > i suppose i ve tu use mdbuv32 utility, but how?

> > > > please help me.

 
 
 

1. Public folder tree access in system manager

Regarding error and solution for microsoft article
Q289492. I had posted this earlier as well. I am noticing
that this article seems to state that the virtual
directory that has the exchange administration folders
(exchange,public,etc) needs to be on a virtual web server
that is using the default port 80.  Mine is using port 81.
I have tried all other solutions but still getting the
error trying to go into that folder tree in system
manager.  Is there a work-around for this - or do I need
to create another virtual web server just for exchange
folders in order to get this to work?

2. Restricting Attachments from from being delivered,

3. Public folder tree access

4. Replication within a site

5. Copying Public Folders to other Folder Trees

6. Many recurrent warnings, why and how to remedy

7. PROB - Duplicate folders in Public Folder Tree

8. Send on behalf of distribution groups

9. Restoring a single folder from the Public Folders tree

10. Lost access to PUBLIC FOLDER permissions...

11. Lost access to a public folder - Exch 5.5

12. Access to Public Folder Lost after mailbox is moved

13. Users Have Lost Access Rights To Public Folders