Two non-trusted Exchange Servers, one confused client

Two non-trusted Exchange Servers, one confused client

Post by Duncan A. McRa » Sat, 27 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Greetings:

I have a corporate Exchange Server at work, and a development copy at home
for telecommuting.  I would like to be able to synch my two calendars, so
that I only need to reference one at any given time.  I should be able to
log on to the one at work through a modem with my workstation.  I do not
wish either Server / Domain to trust the other; I would rather deal with the
overhead to the client than pester my local admin with requests.

Is this even possible?  If so, how?  Do I have to synchronize my folders or
what?

Thanks;
Duncan

Two non-trusted Exchange Servers, one confused client

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Mon, 29 Nov 1999 04:00:00

You'll need to use two different profiles, each with its own Offline Folders
File (make sure you use different filenames). You may want to use a Personal
Folders file to hold the calendar and other data that you need from both
mailboxes.
--
Sue Mosher
Author of

Quote:> Greetings:

> I have a corporate Exchange Server at work, and a development copy at home
> for telecommuting.  I would like to be able to synch my two calendars, so
> that I only need to reference one at any given time.  I should be able to
> log on to the one at work through a modem with my workstation.  I do not
> wish either Server / Domain to trust the other; I would rather deal with
the
> overhead to the client than pester my local admin with requests.

> Is this even possible?  If so, how?  Do I have to synchronize my folders
or
> what?

> Thanks;
> Duncan

1. Two servers, one 5.5, one non-exchange

We have Exchange 5.5 installed on a W2K box (NT domain), and it is the
second mail server for the company, on a single domain. What we wish to
do is have email forwarded to Exchange by the other server for a subset
of users on the primary mail server (non-Exchange). We have tried
various address spaces and routing options with no sucess - the best
we've done is getting the mail delivered to Exchange mailboxes, and the
users can read email, but not send email to the Internet. We have been
assuming that the way to do this is by setting up a subdomain for the
Exchange server to handle, but obviously have not done this correctly.

Has anyone done such a configuration, or know what steps to go through
for doing so?

TIA,
Randy

2. User restrictions?

3. Exchange trust issue - server in one trusting domain and users in trusted domain

4. Space?

5. Two networks, two mail servers, one client.

6. Exchange 2000 Message Filtering

7. Two exchange servers from one client?

8. Multiple Exchange Servers - One Site

9. How connect one client with two exchange servers?

10. OPening two exchange servers from one client

11. Two Servers, two domains one Exchange

12. Have two mailboxes for two Exchange 5.5 servers in one profile

13. One Exchange Server, Two Domains, Two User Email Addresses