VERY strange outlook/Exchange problem

Post by Stu » Fri, 18 Jan 2002 18:19:53

Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000 pro (sp2), Exchange 2000 (sp1), Window 2000
server (sp2)

I have a problem when sending mail to a select few domains for just a couple
of users out of approx 40 users.

An email can be sent to UserA from a domain (eg uk.royalsun.com) and
received by UserA. UserA replies, but the exchange server gives the error
"Your mail system could not find a way to successfully communicate with the
destination system."

However, userB on a different workstation can send mail to that domain
without a problem - using Outlook connected to the same exchange server (we
have only the one).

UserA has tried logging on to a different workstation but still Exchange
server returns the error message.

I have run exhaustive tests and always UserA cannot send mail to *some*
domains whereas all other users can.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Thanks, Stuart.

1. Strange Outlook/Exchange problem

We are running Outlook 2000 with MS Exchange 5.5.  Usually when I type in
the name of someone in the 'To:' field in a new message window, Outlook will
recognize the name and auto complete the field.  This still works unless the
person has two email addresses.  Before it would finish the name but put the
red wavy line underneath so you would know you have to select which address
to use.  Now if the contact has two email addresses, it will freeze up
Outlook.

It still works if there is just one address, but why would it just stop
working?  Also, when you go to Tools>Options and select the Delegates tab,
Outlook stops responding also.  What gives???

2. Exchange Global Address List

3. Strange Exchange/Outlook problem

4. Problem with user rights?

5. remote clients

6. strange problem with Outlook and exchange

7. Journaling in Exchange 2K?

8. strange exchange 5.5 outlook 2000 problem

9. Strange Exchange/Outlook problem

10. Strange Outlook 2002 Problem

11. Outlook Client problem, really strange.

12. Very strange Outlook 98 problem