Removing Key Management Server

Post by Giovanni Nucci » Sat, 08 Aug 1998 04:00:00

 Yes, I posted a message on how to remove the first server in a site.  My
question now is how do I install the Key Management Server on the second
server, and remove it from the first?  The reason why I am asking is because
I am running the installation of the second server, which will be joining a
site, and I would like it to have the Key Management Server.  During
installation, it warns me that there is alreay Key Management Server in the
site.  I already know that their can only be one Key Management Server
running in an Organization.  Since I will be removing the first server, I
need and would like to have it on the second server?  Can I add Key
Management Server after the Exchange Server 5.5 software has been installed?
What are the steps?

Any suggestions.

Giovanni Nuccio   ;-)

Post by Amiri Jone » Wed, 12 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> Yes, I posted a message on how to remove the first server in a site.  My
>question now is how do I install the Key Management Server on the second
>server, and remove it from the first?  The reason why I am asking is
because
>I am running the installation of the second server, which will be joining a
>site, and I would like it to have the Key Management Server.  During
>installation, it warns me that there is alreay Key Management Server in the
>site.  I already know that their can only be one Key Management Server
>running in an Organization.  Since I will be removing the first server, I
>need and would like to have it on the second server?  Can I add Key
>Management Server after the Exchange Server 5.5 software has been
installed?
>What are the steps?

    To remove KMS, run the KMS setup program with a -R command switch (i.e.
KMSSETUP -R).  After removal is done, run the setup on the second server.

1. Removing Key Management Server

 Yes, I posted a message on how to remove the first server in a site.  My
question now is how do I install the Key Management Server on the second
server, and remove it from the first?  The reason why I am asking is because
I am running the installation of the second server, which will be joining a
site, and I would like it to have the Key Management Server.  During
installation, it warns me that there is alreay Key Management Server in the
site.  I already know that their can only be one Key Management Server
running in an Organization.  Since I will be removing the first server, I
need and would like to have it on the second server?  Can I add Key
Management Server after the Exchange Server 5.5 software has been installed?
What are the steps?

Any suggestions.

Giovanni Nuccio   ;-)

2. Please help!

3. Cannot Send email to some email addresses

4. Defragmenting an EDB file

5. personal folders URGENT

6. Key Management Server, Certificate Server and the Exchange Server Policy module

7. Key Management Server (KMS)/Certifcate Server (CS)

8. Key Management Server, Certificate Server and Outlook Express

9. Exchange Server 5.0 Key Management Server

10. Microsoft Exchange Key Management Server Question?