Using Automation To Send A Microsoft Exchange Message

Using Automation To Send A Microsoft Exchange Message

Post by Anders Rasmusse » Wed, 02 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi can enyone help me.

I would like to send E-mail from Access 2000 through a specefik acount in
Exchange 5.5

I am not such a good programmer.

Hope to here from you.

Regards Anders from Denmark

1. Help -- Sending mail through a Microsoft Exchange SMTP Port using Java

I would like to send an email message through the SMTP port (25) of a
machine acting both as a web server (hosting java applets) and a Microsoft
Exchange Server.  In my java source code, I have written the following:

void tryToMail()
  {
    try{
      Socket outgoing = new Socket(ip_address, 25);
      PrintStream ps = new PrintStream(outgoing.getOutputStream());
      ps.print("HELO " + "\015\012");
      ps.print("MAIL FROM: " + sender_name+ "\015\012");
      ps.print("RCPT TO: " + recipient_name + "\015\012");
      ps.print("DATA" + "\015\012");
      ps.print("Subject: PleaseWork " + "\015\012");
      ps.print("Test " + "\015\012");
      ps.print("" + "\015\012");
      ps.print("\t--- THE EAGLE HAS LANDED ---" + "\015\012");
      ps.print("" + "\015\012");
      ps.print("." + "\015\012");
      ps.print("" + "\015\012");
      ps.print("QUIT" + "\015\012");
      ps.close();
      outgoing.close();
    }
    catch(UnknownHostException uhe)
    {
      System.out.println(uhe);
    }
      catch(IOException ioe)
    {
    System.out.println(ioe);
    }

where ip_address is the address of the server, and recipient and sender
address are the email addresses of two people on the server.  However, the
mail does not go out -- is not even entered into the queue.

If you type the Strings into a telnet session connected to the server:25,
this works.  Additionally this works on a Unix Mail server.

Initially, I believed that the problem came from a difference in the CRLF
characters... however, I've tried \n's, \r\n's, \015\012's,
\015\000\015\012's all to no avail.

If anyone can provide any assistance, I would be greatly indebted.  Please

Thank you,

Donovan

2. Erratic Mail Delivery

3. Help -- Sending email through a Microsoft Exchange SMTP Server using Java Sockets

4. Journal Outlook 2002

5. Sending email using Microsoft exchange, ASP and CDO dll

6. message duplication in inbox

7. Help -- Sending mail through a Microsoft Exchange SMTP Port using Java

8. dead exchange box, drive still intact...

9. Sending email using Microsoft exchange, ASP and CDO dll

10. error message using Microsoft Exchange client

11. How to use CDONTS in VB application to send mail without using Microsoft Outlook

12. Programmatically Posting Office Document to Public Folder using Outlook Automation

13. Creating Outlook Items using Outlook Automation interface