To upgrade or not to upgrade.. That is the question

To upgrade or not to upgrade.. That is the question

Post by WOoYi » Sat, 31 Aug 2002 09:49:12

Here the deal, I have a Exchange 5.5 box here and I was thinking about
upgrading it to E2K, but whole network is going to change anyway.
Meaning it on NT4 now and it's called 123 network where we are going
to change it to abc.com using AD instead.  So I would like a general
opinion on what I should do based on your experience and knowledge.
So I am open for suggestions.  Thanks...

To upgrade or not to upgrade.. That is the question

Post by Mark Fugat » Sat, 31 Aug 2002 09:58:08

Well, you cannot install Exchange 2000 until you have your AD in place.

--
Mark Fugatt
Pentech Office Solutions Inc

Quote:> Here the deal, I have a Exchange 5.5 box here and I was thinking about
> upgrading it to E2K, but whole network is going to change anyway.
> Meaning it on NT4 now and it's called 123 network where we are going
> to change it to abc.com using AD instead.  So I would like a general
> opinion on what I should do based on your experience and knowledge.
> So I am open for suggestions.  Thanks...

1. upgrade opinion question, upgrade or fresh ionstal?

Running NT seerver 4.0 with SBS 4.5 and EXchange  5.5. on a Dell 2400 with
866's raid 5 and dsl static ip.

with all the posting with folks having issues with upgrades....would it make
more sense to either:

1. fdisk the drive and load server 2000 fresh or
2, when poutting in the disk, tell it to do an install instead of an
upgrade, if it allows this.

I am planning upgrade in a few weeks and am looking for best way to do it

thanks

Alan

2. Adding a second W2K Domain to Exchange 2000

3. New Admin Group

4. Agents Tab

5. Upgrade or not to Upgrade

6. PB Outlook / Exchange

7. Recent upgrade from 5.5 - GAL not visible after upgrade

8. To upgrade or not to upgrade

9. Upgrade or not upgrade?

10. upgrade NT to Win2K and upgrade Ex55 to Ex2K

11. Upgrade Exch 5.5 to Upgrade 2000