Problem reading > 250 contacts in Exch 2003

Problem reading > 250 contacts in Exch 2003

Post by Prabhakar Kadarkara » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 03:12:16

We are using Exchange Server 2003 RTM.

When we had exactly 250 in my outlook contacts folder, our
COM object (COM objects which uses MAPI calls to read the
contact folder) grabs each one of the contacts and sets up
a reference for later use. With 250 or less contacts, this
does not seem to be an issue.

If we add one more contact which is 251, it reads the
entire contacts fine, but when we try to get the phone
number using the existing reference for an individual
contact it gives me an error number (-2147203603)

When we looked at the Exchange Server 2003 RTM event
viewer we saw the error message like this below.

Mapi session "/o=EX2003/ou=First Administrative
Group/cn=Recipients/cn=kprabhakar" exceeded the maximum of
250 objects of type "objtMessage".

 For more information, click

There is no Microsoft documentation on how to rectify the
situation. Is it possible that setting a registry entry or
some configuration parameter on the Exchange server might
alleviate the problem?

.

1. Problem reading more than 250 contacts in Exchange Server 2003 RTM.

[...]

2. RAS / DUN Setup on Windows NT 4.0 as PDC

3. HELP!! OWA PLEASE

4. Exch 5.5 with 250 Sites?

5. Help! Internet Mail does not show up in Add Services

6. Programmatically link Contact=>>Appointment=>>Journal

7. How to create VoteButton in Scripting Agent

8. exchange 2003 beta2 -> rc1 upgrade problem tip

9. Exmerge Problems with Exch 2003

10. ADC for Exch 5.5 - Exch 2003

11. Migrating mailboxes from Exch 5.5 to Exch 2003

12. Exch 2003...ActiveSync/Exch OMA preventing remove or reinstall