IIS and STORE.exe memory leak

Post by Stewart Saathof » Thu, 16 Jan 2003 22:19:49

Hello everyone, I have what appears to be a serious problem.  I have a
server that is a dual processor box wth 2.0Ghz Xeon Processors, 1GB of RAM
and a buch of HDD Space in a RAID 5 Config.

Installed on this server I have IIS, Exchange 2000 and SQL 7.  All Server
apps have the newest Service Packs.  I have even applied all updates for
IIS.  The problem is IIS and Exchange (inetinfo.exe and STORE.exe) are
taking up an unusual amount of RAM and they continualy are increasing.
Currently they are at 345MB of RAM a piece.  I have seen exchange and SQL do
this before, but not IIS, so I am concerned.  I did have a virus on this
server before, but that has been cleaned up according to my best knowledge.
Does anyone have ANY suggsstions.

Thanks, Stewart

IIS and STORE.exe memory leak

Post by Ingma » Thu, 16 Jan 2003 22:39:33

There's a known memory issue with SQL server and IIS with ASP installed. Try
to move the SQL service to another machine.

Quote:> Hello everyone, I have what appears to be a serious problem.  I have a
> server that is a dual processor box wth 2.0Ghz Xeon Processors, 1GB of RAM
> and a buch of HDD Space in a RAID 5 Config.

> Installed on this server I have IIS, Exchange 2000 and SQL 7.  All Server
> apps have the newest Service Packs.  I have even applied all updates for
> IIS.  The problem is IIS and Exchange (inetinfo.exe and STORE.exe) are
> taking up an unusual amount of RAM and they continualy are increasing.
> Currently they are at 345MB of RAM a piece.  I have seen exchange and SQL
do
> this before, but not IIS, so I am concerned.  I did have a virus on this
> server before, but that has been cleaned up according to my best
knowledge.
> Does anyone have ANY suggsstions.

> Thanks, Stewart

IIS and STORE.exe memory leak

Post by Stewart Saathof » Thu, 16 Jan 2003 22:47:36

We are trying to consolidate servers, is there no other alternative?

> There's a known memory issue with SQL server and IIS with ASP installed.
Try
> to move the SQL service to another machine.

> > Hello everyone, I have what appears to be a serious problem.  I have a
> > server that is a dual processor box wth 2.0Ghz Xeon Processors, 1GB of
RAM
> > and a buch of HDD Space in a RAID 5 Config.

> > Installed on this server I have IIS, Exchange 2000 and SQL 7.  All
Server
> > apps have the newest Service Packs.  I have even applied all updates for
> > IIS.  The problem is IIS and Exchange (inetinfo.exe and STORE.exe) are
> > taking up an unusual amount of RAM and they continualy are increasing.
> > Currently they are at 345MB of RAM a piece.  I have seen exchange and
SQL
> do
> > this before, but not IIS, so I am concerned.  I did have a virus on this
> > server before, but that has been cleaned up according to my best
> knowledge.
> > Does anyone have ANY suggsstions.

> > Thanks, Stewart

1. IIS and STORE.exe Memory leak

Hello everyone, I have what appears to be a serious problem.  I have a
server that is a dual processor box wth 2.0Ghz Xeon Processors, 1GB of RAM
and a buch of HDD Space in a RAID 5 Config.

Installed on this server I have IIS, Exchange 2000 and SQL 7.  All Server
apps have the newest Service Packs.  I have even applied all updates for
IIS.  The problem is IIS and Exchange (inetinfo.exe and STORE.exe) are
taking up an unusual amount of RAM and they continualy are increasing.
Currently they are at 345MB of RAM a piece.  I have seen exchange and SQL do
this before, but not IIS, so I am concerned.  I did have a virus on this
server before, but that has been cleaned up according to my best knowledge.
Does anyone have ANY suggsstions.

Thanks, Stewart

2. Meeting requests generates undeliverable

3. IIS and STORE.exe memory leak

4. ADSTYPE_PROV_SPECIFIC

5. Store.exe leaks memory until the Information Store stops responding

6. Features of Outlook and Exchange

7. Store.exe leaking memory

8. Stopping Exchange 5 SMTP Relaying

9. Store.exe possible memory leak?

10. XADM: A Memory Leak in Store.exe Degrades Performance

11. STORE.EXE memory leaking

12. store.exe memory leak

13. Exchange 2000 store.exe memory leak