exchange active-active cluster solution

Post by zzzzz » Fri, 29 Nov 2002 01:07:22

I'll have two exactly same computer with 40 GB scsi hard drives in each of
them. I'll have two NICs in each of them. They will be connected with 100 MB
/s lan speed as well as heart beat connection. Can I build these two
machines as cluster ( active - active ), without having external Raid disks
?

exchange active-active cluster solution

Post by Ward Flowers [MS » Fri, 29 Nov 2002 02:21:30

No, There would be no cluster-able resources without a shared disk array.
You would be better server in this configuration to have two exchange
servers that are separate.

--
Ward Flowers
Exchange Support Professional

****** Disclaimer ******

Note: Please do NOT reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup
purposes only.

Quote:> I'll have two exactly same computer with 40 GB scsi hard drives in each of
> them. I'll have two NICs in each of them. They will be connected with 100
MB
> /s lan speed as well as heart beat connection. Can I build these two
> machines as cluster ( active - active ), without having external Raid
disks
> ?

1. Exchange Service Pack 1 on Active/Active Cluster

Hello,

Can anyone please explain the "proper" way to install Exchange Service
Pack 1 on an Active/Active cluster.

From Microsoft and from many articles posted here I have been getting
conflicting procedures...

Hopefully, someone out there has done this already and can assist me from
"experience" rather than documentation.

Please reply or send me a reply directly...

Thanks a million!

James Hill

2. REPOST: HTML mail not working for a couple of mailbox from one sender's domain...

3. Exchange 2000 in Active/Active cluster

4. Missing Calendar Items

5. M drive not showing up on MS Active Active cluster node 1 of 2

6. Access .pst files from OWA

7. Installation of Trend Micro's Scan Mail on Active/Active Cluster

8. HELP: creating an offline address list

9. Storage Limit Warning Message in Active/Active Cluster

10. HELP! - Trying to Install Active/Active Cluster

11. M drive not showing up on MS Active Active cluster node 1 of 2