OWA Integrated Authentication

Post by Fran » Wed, 30 Apr 2003 00:51:05

Does anyone know why everytime I reboot my Exchange 2000
SP2 (W2K SP3) server the checkbox for integration
authentication under my default web site/exchange folder,
directory security tab gets set with a checkmark in the
box.  I want it stay UNCHECKED (cleared) since I use SSL.
I had a problem in the past with it checked and using OWA
internally with SSL enabled.  Why does it get reset upon
reboot with checkmark in it??  Does anyone know of why and
how I can make it stick??
Thanks for your time.

OWA Integrated Authentication

Post by Robert Cohe » Wed, 30 Apr 2003 02:34:03

have you checked your settings in your FP server extensions?

Quote:> Does anyone know why everytime I reboot my Exchange 2000
> SP2 (W2K SP3) server the checkbox for integration
> authentication under my default web site/exchange folder,
> directory security tab gets set with a checkmark in the
> box.  I want it stay UNCHECKED (cleared) since I use SSL.
> I had a problem in the past with it checked and using OWA
> internally with SSL enabled.  Why does it get reset upon
> reboot with checkmark in it??  Does anyone know of why and
> how I can make it stick??
> Thanks for your time.

1. Outlook/Exchange 2000 Secure Password Authentication and Integrated Windows Authentication

I have been pulling my hair out for three days now trying
to connect remote users to my Exchange 2000 server using
POP3 and SMTP. I have confirmed communication using telnet
so I know they are getting through my Firewall but
authentication always fails. I also have tested this
configuration usng clear text passwords on a test account
and have successfully connected. My question is: What is
the communication problem between Outlook clients using
Secure Password Authentication and Exchange 2000 servers
using Integrated Windows Authentication? I have also used

domain\user\emailid, domain\user,

I have also tried running the Office SP1 on Outlook with
no change in authentication behaviour. My Exchange server
is running SP1.

HELP!!
Dwayne Burns

2. using published form takes too many actions => help pls

3. HELP! OWA and Integrated Authentication

4. Exchange 5.5 with Client 5.0, not Outlook?

5. Basic or Integrated Authentication

6. Lost Outlook Mail

7. SMTP and windows integrated authentication

8. Outlook98/Exchge 5.5 Freezes

9. Outlook/Exchange 2000 Secure Password Authentication, Integrated Windows Authenticaton

10. Integrated Authentication

11. GALMOD and Integrated Windows Authentication

12. Integrated Windows Authentication

13. Integrated Windows Authentication reappears on Exchange server and IIS 5.x