MS Mail to MS Ex Migration

Post by Steve Wilso » Sat, 28 Feb 1998 04:00:00

All,

For some time our users have had both the MS Mail and MS Exchange Server
services in the default profile ensuring that no mail was lost during the
migration, however, I would like to remove the MS Mail service but without
removing the PO registration, therefore, still allowing messages sent to the
MS Mail account to be delivered to the user. I have viewed a product from
C2C called Max Migrator which tackles this problem - does anyone have any
experience of this problem and care to pass on any experience?

--
Steve Wilson

MS Mail to MS Ex Migration

Post by Kelly Morris » Sat, 28 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I am currently running a test of Max Migrator on just my account.  It
forwards the mail from MS-Mail to your new Exchange account.  It also gives
the option of sending the sender a message saying that the user has moved,
but it only gives the MS-Mail address for the user's exchange mailbox.  Also
if your user is receving SMTP mail through the old MS-Mail account it will
send this message to those sender's also.  It can get kinda messy.  You can
turn this option off if you like.

It is very easy to set up and seems reliable.

Kelly Morriss
Abacus Technology

>All,

>For some time our users have had both the MS Mail and MS Exchange Server
>services in the default profile ensuring that no mail was lost during the
>migration, however, I would like to remove the MS Mail service but without
>removing the PO registration, therefore, still allowing messages sent to
the
>MS Mail account to be delivered to the user. I have viewed a product from
>C2C called Max Migrator which tackles this problem - does anyone have any
>experience of this problem and care to pass on any experience?

>--
>Steve Wilson

MS Mail to MS Ex Migration

Post by Mike van Er » Sun, 01 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hi Steve!

Why don't you make the shadow exchange postoffice appear to become the old
ms mail postoffice.  Point all externals to the new postoffice, and just
copy over the glb directory.  You will have to recreate the routings to the
various ms mail postoffices you used to have.

Now all your exchange users will still receive ms mail from the rest of your
organisation.

Cheers,
Mike.
-------------

>All,

>For some time our users have had both the MS Mail and MS Exchange Server
>services in the default profile ensuring that no mail was lost during the
>migration, however, I would like to remove the MS Mail service but without
>removing the PO registration, therefore, still allowing messages sent to
the
>MS Mail account to be delivered to the user. I have viewed a product from
>C2C called Max Migrator which tackles this problem - does anyone have any
>experience of this problem and care to pass on any experience?

>--
>Steve Wilson

MS Mail to MS Ex Migration

Post by Mark Leshe » Thu, 05 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I have used it for migrations and found it to be very effective. It is a no
brainer to set up and costs less then 500 dollars per MSMail PO (for 120
day license). If you use the latest version, it will controll the MSMail
alias modification as well. Be sure that you set up a schedule where you
create the Exchange accounts several days in advance and alias the MSMail
accounts (this allows both MSMail and Echange GALS to get updated) so that
when you cut the client over, the only messages they recieve that have been
redirected from Migrator are reply-tos and PAB entries.

Quote:> All,

> For some time our users have had both the MS Mail and MS Exchange Server
> services in the default profile ensuring that no mail was lost during the
> migration, however, I would like to remove the MS Mail service but
without
> removing the PO registration, therefore, still allowing messages sent to
the
> MS Mail account to be delivered to the user. I have viewed a product from
> C2C called Max Migrator which tackles this problem - does anyone have any
> experience of this problem and care to pass on any experience?

> --
> Steve Wilson

1. MS Mail to MS Ex Migration

All,

For some time our users have had both the MS Mail and MS Exchange Server
services in the default profile ensuring that no mail was lost during the
migration, however, I would like to remove the MS Mail service but without
removing the PO registration, therefore, still allowing messages sent to the
MS Mail account to be delivered to the user. I have viewed a product from
C2C called Max Migrator which tackles this problem - does anyone have any
experience of this problem and care to pass on any experience?

--
Steve Wilson

2. Exchange Server API

3. Client can't change their password

4. Schedule Plus Free/Busy + OAB Transfer to EX2K?

5. my m:Drive disappered!!!

6. MS Mail to MS Exchange 5.5 Migration

7. Macintosh client migration (MS Mail PAL->MS Exchange PAB)

8. MS Mail to MS Exchange 5.5 Migration

9. MS-Mail to Exchange 5.5 Migration - Calander Migration