Migrating Custom Recipients

Post by Barr » Thu, 27 Jun 2002 08:11:23

We have Exchange 2000 in a new Win2000 domain. I am using
Migration Wizard to migrate our user mailboxes from Exch.
5.5 in our old NT 4.0 domain. . It works great. However,
It does not migrate Custom Recipients, which we have a lot
of. Any way to migrate these Custom Recipients?

Thanks,
Barry

Post by MV » Thu, 27 Jun 2002 19:00:41

>We have Exchange 2000 in a new Win2000 domain. I am using
>Migration Wizard to migrate our user mailboxes from Exch.
>5.5 in our old NT 4.0 domain. . It works great. However,
>It does not migrate Custom Recipients, which we have a lot
>of. Any way to migrate these Custom Recipients?

>Thanks,
>Barry

Correctly configuring the ADC will let you bring Custom Recipients
into the AD from the 5.5
Mark Arnold MCSE MVP

Before U post...
http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm

Migrating Custom Recipients

Post by Barr » Fri, 28 Jun 2002 01:16:40

Mark,

The Win2K domain is completely new, a "clean start" if you
will with a different name. It is not connected to the
Exchange 5.5 orgainization. That is why I am using
Migration Wizard for the mail boxes.

-Barry

Post by Ed Woodric » Fri, 28 Jun 2002 12:15:40

Export them then import them with the CSV import tool.

Quote:> We have Exchange 2000 in a new Win2000 domain. I am using
> Migration Wizard to migrate our user mailboxes from Exch.
> 5.5 in our old NT 4.0 domain. . It works great. However,
> It does not migrate Custom Recipients, which we have a lot
> of. Any way to migrate these Custom Recipients?

> Thanks,
> Barry

Migrating Custom Recipients

Post by Barr » Sat, 29 Jun 2002 04:17:40

Thanks Ed, I just discovered that tool, and it looks like
the solution for us. Q300409 gives instructions.

-Barry

1. Migrate custom recipients

our tech team decided to upgrade the NT domain to windows 2k, but to install
to new exchange 2000 organization.

the whole upgrade and new integration work went fine.

we are left with one thing to be done.

there sits on the old Exchange 5.0 SP2 server about 2500 custom recipients
that must be transfered to the new AD/exchange 200 structure.

i know that with the use of ADC i can replicate the custom reciepients as
contacts into the AD.  but as i try to set up the connection agreement i
keep getting the error message that user name or password are incorrect when
it tries to connect to the old exchange 5.0 server.

1.  do i have to upgrade it to exchange 5.5 so that ADC can work or what
needs be done?

2.  i am open to other suggestions on migrating the custom recipients?

2. Help needed, I want to send all messages received with unknown recipient to a special mailbox

3. Migrating Custom Recipients between Sites

4. Distribution Lists slow exchange to a crawl

5. Migrate custom recipients

6. Exchange and pop3

7. Migrate Custom Recipient

8. Conferencing Server

9. Migrate custom recipients

10. Exchange 5.5 migrating mailboxes, custom recipients and mailbox data

11. Migrating a user from a Custom Recipient to standard Mailbox

12. Custom Attribute page of a Custom Recipient?