Offline Address Book -- Exchange 5.5 Outlook Offline Address Book -- Any way to get this back

Offline Address Book -- Exchange 5.5 Outlook Offline Address Book -- Any way to get this back

Post by NTNEW » Sat, 14 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I am getting an error when trying to generate the Offline Address book in
Exchange Admin.  It appears of if it has been removed.

Situation:
I moved all my mailboxes to a new server.  I also had the new server
replicate all the public folder info from the old server.  Once replicated I
removed the replicas from the old server.  I believe the OAB did not
replicate over and now I cannot generate it from either of the servers, nor
can i download it from the client.

The Event ID and error I am getting is very general and cannot be found in
TechNet:

"EVENT ID: 5004
Source:MSExchangeSA
Generation of the offline Address Book is complete. Result: An error
occurred. "

IS there any way to make this again?  Please say yes.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Address Book -- Exchange 5.5 Outlook Offline Address Book -- Any way to get this back

Post by Amiri Jone » Sat, 14 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> I am getting an error when trying to generate the Offline Address book in
> Exchange Admin.  It appears of if it has been removed.

> Situation:
> I moved all my mailboxes to a new server.  I also had the new server
> replicate all the public folder info from the old server.  Once
replicated I
> removed the replicas from the old server.  I believe the OAB did not
> replicate over and now I cannot generate it from either of the servers,
nor
> can i download it from the client.

        Sounds like you need to move the OAB server... what's probably happening
is that the second server is looking to the (nonexistant) first server to
generate the OAB.  To fix this problem, go into the Exchange admin, go to
the Configuration object and double-click on DS Site Configuration.  Go to
the Offline Address Book tab, and select your current server as the Offline
Address Book server in the first drop box.  Then click the Generate All
button to manually trigger a new OAB generation.

Offline Address Book -- Exchange 5.5 Outlook Offline Address Book -- Any way to get this back

Post by NTNEW » Sat, 14 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I tried that and got the same error on all servers.  It looks as if I lost
the copy of the OAB.  Can I create a new one??

Quote:> Sounds like you need to move the OAB server... what's probably happening

Post by J.C. Bure » Sat, 14 Feb 1998 04:00:00

>I tried that and got the same error on all servers.  It looks as if I lost
>the copy of the OAB.  Can I create a new one??

>> Sounds like you need to move the OAB server... what's probably happening
>>is that the second server is looking to the (nonexistant) first server to
>>generate the OAB.  To fix this problem, go into the Exchange admin, go to
>>the Configuration object and double-click on DS Site Configuration.  Go to
>>the Offline Address Book tab, and select your current server as the
Offline
>>Address Book server in the first drop box.  Then click the Generate All
>>button to manually trigger a new OAB generation.

I think you can. Just delete the current OAB and then create a new one.

Jeroen Buren

Post by Rich Matheis » Sun, 15 Feb 1998 04:00:00

>I tried that and got the same error on all servers.  It looks as if I lost
>the copy of the OAB.  Can I create a new one??

In your initial posting you didn't say if you removed the "old" server
after moving the mailboxes and replicating the PF's. This is the usual
precursor to server removal, so I'll assume you removed it. I'll also
assume that the "old" server was the first server in the site. That
means that it's possible all the site folders were removed with the
"old" server.

If that's the case, try this MS KB article:
Q152969 "XADM: Rebuilding the Site Folders in a Site"

1. Offline Address Book -- Exchange 5.5 Outlook Offline Address Book -- Any way to get this back

I am getting an error when trying to generate the Offline Address book in
Exchange Admin.  It appears of if it has been removed.

Situation:
I moved all my mailboxes to a new server.  I also had the new server
replicate all the public folder info from the old server.  Once replicated I
removed the replicas from the old server.  I believe the OAB did not
replicate over and now I cannot generate it from either of the servers, nor
can i download it from the client.

The Event ID and error I am getting is very general and cannot be found in
TechNet:

"EVENT ID: 5004
Source:MSExchangeSA
Generation of the offline Address Book is complete. Result: An error
occurred. "

IS there any way to make this again?  Please say yes.

Thanks in advance.

2. Changing Pwd on Client

3. Can't get email from Exchange Server using Outlook Express?

4. Address Book Views and Offline Address Book

5. FREE.! Disk Usage Utility for Microsoft? Exchange

6. Offline Address Book and Address Book Views problems

7. Thanks

8. Help with Offline Address Books and Address Book Views please

9. Offline address book doesn't contain entire Global Address Book

10. Exchange 5.5 SP3, Outlook 2002 and offline address book sync error

11. Offline Address Book - ERROR - while sincronizing Outook Adress Book Offilene

12. Offline Address Book problem - Exchange 5.5