OWA authentication problems.

Post by John Niedermeye » Sat, 14 Apr 2001 00:53:11

We are using Exchange 5.5 sp4 and have OWA running for 2 domains. This
requires the clients to provide

username:
password:
domain:

Unless of course they have already logged onto a machine on the Network,
then it bumps them straight into their webmail after submitting their logon:

The Problem that we are seeing is when clients try to connect from home PCs
over the internet, they are only being asked for

username:
password:

Instead of

username:
password:
domain:

We have tried to supply the username:  domain\username

and it does not allow them in.

The only common denominator is that the users are on 9x boxes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OWA authentication problems.

Post by Robb » Sat, 14 Apr 2001 02:27:03

I'd wager a guess that Basic Authentication has been set for the directory
and that a default domain has already been set. If you clear out the Default
Domain box, it should always prompt for the information.

Of course, you can always have your users us the format
User Name : DOMAIN\userName
Password : *******

> We are using Exchange 5.5 sp4 and have OWA running for 2 domains. This
> requires the clients to provide

> username:
> password:
> domain:

> Unless of course they have already logged onto a machine on the Network,
> then it bumps them straight into their webmail after submitting their
logon:

> The Problem that we are seeing is when clients try to connect from home
PCs
> over the internet, they are only being asked for

> username:
> password:

> Instead of

> username:
> password:
> domain:

> We have tried to supply the username:  domain\username

> and it does not allow them in.

> Has anyone else experienced this problem?

> The only common denominator is that the users are on 9x boxes.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OWA authentication problems.

Post by John Niedermeye » Sat, 14 Apr 2001 02:55:14

We have also tried the User Name: DOMAIN\username
Password:  *******  with no luck. That is how we used to have all users
login before we added the second DOMAIN.

Post by John Niedermeye » Sat, 14 Apr 2001 02:43:16

Is this setting for default domain in IE or in Exchange somewhere?

> I'd wager a guess that Basic Authentication has been set for the directory
> and that a default domain has already been set. If you clear out the
> Domain box, it should always prompt for the information.

> Of course, you can always have your users us the format
> User Name : DOMAIN\userName
> Password : *******

> > We are using Exchange 5.5 sp4 and have OWA running for 2 domains. This
> > requires the clients to provide

> > username:
> > password:
> > domain:

> > Unless of course they have already logged onto a machine on the Network,
> > then it bumps them straight into their webmail after submitting their
> logon:

> > The Problem that we are seeing is when clients try to connect from home
> PCs
> > over the internet, they are only being asked for

> > username:
> > password:

> > Instead of

> > username:
> > password:
> > domain:

> > We have tried to supply the username:  domain\username

> > and it does not allow them in.

> > Has anyone else experienced this problem?

> > The only common denominator is that the users are on 9x boxes.

> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. owa authentication problems

Hi all,
I am trying to get OWA working. OWA will be in the company's DMZ; both
firewalls are Checkpoint NG.
The server that has OWA is not part of the organization's domain, I
configured the OWA server as stand alone server in a workgroup. I'm
having a
problem connecting to the mail boxes, and here is a brief description on
the
problem:
-I gave the EVERYONE group, permission to log on locally.
-When I tried to access the mailboxes I am able to reach OWA's log on
splash
screen, but when I type the name of a mail box I receive a blank
page --Exchange server is part of the organization's domain--
-I checked the IIS logs and I just found a "username 404" error.
I guess my questions are:
1.Does the OWA server need to be part of the domain in order to work
correctly? if not
2.What are your suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

http://web2news.com/?microsoft.public.exchange.applications

2. Event log error??

3. owa authentication problem

4. Transaction logs cause no space letf on hard disk

5. OWA authentication problems

6. Using Exchange on the Web

7. OWA - authentication problems

8. Corrupt Emails - Cannot copy or do .PST

9. OWA authentication problem with FW

10. OWA authentication problem

11. OWA authentication problem Exchange 2000

12. OWA Authentication problem

13. OWA Authentication Problem