Problem with mailbox creation

Post by MIchael Bunkahl » Sat, 31 Aug 2002 17:13:41

I'm running a w2k domain with a e2k member server.
When I create a new user and set up email, everything seems to work fine,
but the mailbox isn't created on the e2k server. Trying to send mail to the
user
or setting up outlook  yields an unkown user error. By chance I found out
that
after a reboot of the e2k server the new user shows up and everything works
as
it's supposed. The recipient update service runs all the time.

Problem with mailbox creation

Post by Andy David [MVP » Sat, 31 Aug 2002 21:13:09

There is a certain amount of latency even if the service is set to run
continuously. Patience is sometimes required. If you manually force the
update , does it work?

Quote:> I'm running a w2k domain with a e2k member server.
> When I create a new user and set up email, everything seems to work fine,
> but the mailbox isn't created on the e2k server. Trying to send mail to
the
> user
> or setting up outlook  yields an unkown user error. By chance I found out
> that
> after a reboot of the e2k server the new user shows up and everything
works
> as
> it's supposed. The recipient update service runs all the time.
> Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Problem with mailbox creation

Post by Steve Costello » Sun, 01 Sep 2002 12:39:23

HI

We are experiencing a similar problem with Exchanges 2000
running on SBS 2000. Even a reboot does not seem to help.
We have installed SP3 for exchange (before problem came
about). Have manage to create on new user after SP3 and
from then on the mail boxes are not created.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Steve

Post by Nazih Dannaou » Tue, 03 Sep 2002 01:20:30

Same problem I am getting. I have 2 exchange 2000 servers
in my site (and organisation). The RUS was running on one
of them, I swapped it to the second one, it worked for 2
days, and now again it is not working. May be it is a
comon problem that should be reported to Microsoft.

Help help help.

regards.

1. Problem with mailbox creation (particularly appt. creation)

Hello group (Siegfried) -

So, thanks to the help of many on this newsgroup, I've gotten a number of
neat things working with Exchange.  However, much of the initial setup is
manual, and I'd like to try and automate more of it (either through scripts,
an application, or whatever).

Here's the situation.  We have a system where we create new domain users
(W2K), and at the same time create an exchange mailbox (Exchange 2000).
These new users log into OWA to view their calendars and see appointments
that a BMS application we have written creates.  The BMS application uses
WebDAV to schedule appointments, and we have a number of event sinks
registered to ensure that our business logic is followed.

So, from our BMS application, a system account is used to schedule these
appointments for our users.  This account has the proper group membership
(for now he's part of the admin group) to create appointments in other users
calendar.  However ... we've discovered that we have to go through some
hula-hoops to allow this system account to create the appointments for our
new users.  Here is the process we currently have to use:

1. Create the new user in the Active Directory, and create an Exchange
mailbox.
    - at this time there is no physical mailbox folder on the M drive for
this user - meaning, we can't use Exchange Explorer to connect to the new
users calendar folder yet.
    - additionally, at this time we cannot use WebDAV to create new calendar
appointments for the user (when we create these appointments, we create the
object in their calendar folder, which doesn't yet exist).
2. Send an email to the new user.  This has the effect of creating the
proper mailbox for the user (i.e. M:\ourdomain.COM\MBX\newuser\).
    - at this time the calendar folder does exist, but for some reason we
still cannot create any objects (appointments) in it via WebDAV - despite
having the proper permissions on the folder.
    - additionally, we (as the system account) can browse to the users
calendar folder - we even have the appropriate permissions to create objects
in the folder.  However, we still cannot use WebDAV to create appointments.
3. Now, we use Exchange Explorer and connect to the new users calendar
folder (i.e. http://ourdomain.com/exchange/newuser/calendar/)
    - as a result of connecting to this folder via exchange explorer, if we
use our BMS application to create a new appointment, it works!  So,
something happens when we connect via exchange explorer that allows us to
create calendar appointments

Ideally, we'd like to be able to create this user in the active directory
(and in exchange) and be able to immediately start scheduling appointments.
However, even if we can't do that, we'd like to be able to run a script that
allows our system account to start scheduling.

Does this make sense?  Does anyone know what we can do to make this easier?
It's a hard situation to describe, so I apologize if I've done a bad job.

Please let me know if you need more information, etc.

Thanks for your help!

   Wade

2. HELP!!! ESEUTIL CRASHED!!!

3. Problem with mailbox creation

4. Please help with knowledge.

5. Three Exchange problems -- mailbox creation, mailbox manager and authentication

6. Delivery Restrictions doesn't working for E2k

7. Mailbox creation problems

8. Applying Out of Office Assistant

9. Exchange 2000 mailbox creation problem!!

10. Mailbox creation problems w/Exchange 5.5

11. mailbox creation problems

12. Mailbox Creation Problem via ADSI (VB)

13. Mailbox Creation Problems