PST calendar problem

Post by mlwile » Thu, 23 Jan 2003 04:11:40

We are currently using Exchange 5.5.  Our team members now
want to be able to view each other calendars.  Currently
all calendars reside in each person's .pst file on the
hard drive.  When we schedule a meeting, for some reason,
the "blocked time" shows up for the resource.  However,
when trying to view the person's calendar, all we can see
is the calendar on the Exchange server.

How is Outlook 2000/XP seeing the blocked time in
the "resource scheduling", but unable to see the
information when viewing another calendar.

Is there a way to make the local calendar in the .pst file
be viewable by all members on the team?

Thanks for any help/info.

PST calendar problem

Post by Martin Blackstone [MVP - Exchange » Thu, 23 Jan 2003 04:21:57

That's exactly what happens when using a PST file. You lose a lot of the
cool functionality of Exchange server.
Since the calendar is kept in a PST, there  is no way for Exchange to
maintain any info on it.
You need to move them all to the Exchange server and store everything there.

--
Martin Blackstone
MVP - Exchange

http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm

Quote:> We are currently using Exchange 5.5.  Our team members now
> want to be able to view each other calendars.  Currently
> all calendars reside in each person's .pst file on the
> hard drive.  When we schedule a meeting, for some reason,
> the "blocked time" shows up for the resource.  However,
> when trying to view the person's calendar, all we can see
> is the calendar on the Exchange server.

> How is Outlook 2000/XP seeing the blocked time in
> the "resource scheduling", but unable to see the
> information when viewing another calendar.

> Is there a way to make the local calendar in the .pst file
> be viewable by all members on the team?

> Thanks for any help/info.

PST calendar problem

Post by Michael Wile » Thu, 23 Jan 2003 07:01:23

Thank you for the info.  I appreciate it.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>That's exactly what happens when using a PST file. You
lose a lot of the
>cool functionality of Exchange server.
>Since the calendar is kept in a PST, there  is no way for
Exchange to
>maintain any info on it.
>You need to move them all to the Exchange server and

store everything there.

>--
>Martin Blackstone
>MVP - Exchange

>http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm
>http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm

>> We are currently using Exchange 5.5.  Our team members
now
>> want to be able to view each other calendars.  Currently
>> all calendars reside in each person's .pst file on the
>> hard drive.  When we schedule a meeting, for some
reason,
>> the "blocked time" shows up for the resource.  However,
>> when trying to view the person's calendar, all we can
see
>> is the calendar on the Exchange server.

>> How is Outlook 2000/XP seeing the blocked time in
>> the "resource scheduling", but unable to see the
>> information when viewing another calendar.

>> Is there a way to make the local calendar in the .pst
file
>> be viewable by all members on the team?

>> Thanks for any help/info.

>.

1. Problem linking server calendar and pst calendar

  I added a Personal Folder to my acount.  My Inbox is
linked so that my e-mails don't reside on the sever but
are down loaded onto my harddrive.  This is the only
folder that is linked.  My Calendar, Tasks, Drafts, etc
all the rest of my folders in my PST file are empty with
my information still residing on the server.  How do I
link the remaining folders?

2. users losing mail

3. 0 - PST/Exchange Calendar problem.

4. Address book view modification

5. problem updating calendar after .pst migration

6. Out-of-Office not responding

7. pst calendar to Exchange Calendar

8. AOL, Sending mail to User

9. Link server calendar to PST calendar

10. synchronizing calendars over an Exchange server or different PST

11. unwanted pst calendar reappears

12. How to share a remote exchange calendar with a outlook .pst user in the office

13. synchronizing calendars over an Exchange server or different PST