Please Reply me..... New user mailbox problem, Please HELP!!!!

Please Reply me..... New user mailbox problem, Please HELP!!!!

Post by Mathias Trap » Fri, 28 Sep 2001 13:50:45

After you created the AD account with a mailbox, check the account's
E-Mail-Address-tab. If there are no e-mail-addresses listed, you won't be
able to use the mailbox. You have to check your recipient update service of
your Exchange 2000-Organisation then, if it is still working.

You also should check, if you have installed the Exchange-System-Manager on
the workstation from which you are creating new users. Only with this
Exchange-Admin-Tools you are able to create mailboxes too.

Hope this helps,

Mathias

> > We are using Outlook express on client side, i did not face this type of
> > problem earlier, when ever i  create the new user in active directory it
> ask
> > me to create mailbox and then done, my user will be able to send and
> receive
> > mails.

> > But now it is not happening i create the user in AD then it ask me to
> create
> > the exchange mailbox it say that mailbox is created successfully but now
> my
> > user is not able to receive mails and if I send the mail to the new user
> it
> > returns with the mail delivery failure.

> > PLEASE HELP ME

> > Thanks

> > Subodh

> > > What are you using on the client side? Outlook2000?

> > > The mailbox becomes only visible after you have created an profile on
> i.e.
> > > Outlook on one client box. Have the user log in, rightclick on Outlook
> and
> > > hook the user up to the E2K. After he/she has opened Outlook you will
> see
> > > the mailbox in the system manager/serverXX/storage group/mailboxes.

> send
> > > and
> > mailbox
> > receive
> > have
> > mail
> > > user

> USER
> > > ARE

Please Reply me..... New user mailbox problem, Please HELP!!!!

Post by Subodh Dube » Sat, 29 Sep 2001 14:32:32

nothing

> Anything interesting in the App Event Log?

> > > We are using Outlook express on client side, i did not face this type
of
> > > problem earlier, when ever i  create the new user in active directory
it
> > ask
> > > me to create mailbox and then done, my user will be able to send and
> > receive
> > > mails.

> > > But now it is not happening i create the user in AD then it ask me to
> > create
> > > the exchange mailbox it say that mailbox is created successfully but
now
> > my
> > > user is not able to receive mails and if I send the mail to the new
user
> > it
> > > returns with the mail delivery failure.

> > > PLEASE HELP ME

> > > Thanks

> > > Subodh

> > i.e.
Outlook
> > and
> > see

> is
> > send
> > > mailbox
> > > receive
> > > have
> > > mail
> new

NEW
> > USER

Please Reply me..... New user mailbox problem, Please HELP!!!!

Post by Alessandro Muiesa » Sun, 30 Sep 2001 16:44:07

same problem with me!!!!

this problems rise up when I have unistalled a second server with E2K and AD
all the mailbox created before still works well but I can't create new
mailboxs with new users

please help me too!!

thank you
ale

> nothing

> > Anything interesting in the App Event Log?

> of
> it
> > > ask
> > > receive

> > > create
> now
> > > my
> user
> > > it

> on
> > > i.e.
> Outlook
> > > and
> will
> > > see
group/mailboxes.

> > is
> > > send
> which
> no
> > new

> NEW
> > > USER

Please Reply me..... New user mailbox problem, Please HELP!!!!

Post by Richard Hindle » Sun, 30 Sep 2001 19:40:20

Sometimes I have noticed it takes a bit of time before new mailboxes become
available - try running a Recipient Update (Rebuild) from System Manager.

Richard

> same problem with me!!!!

> this problems rise up when I have unistalled a second server with E2K and
AD
> all the mailbox created before still works well but I can't create new
> mailboxs with new users

> please help me too!!

> thank you
> ale

> > nothing

> > > Anything interesting in the App Event Log?

> type
> > of
> directory
> > it

> > now
> > user

> > on
> > Outlook
> > will
> group/mailboxes.

> server
> > > is
> creates
> > which
> is
> > no
> the
> > > new

WHY
> > NEW

Please Reply me..... New user mailbox problem, Please HELP!!!!

Post by Alessandro Muiesa » Sun, 30 Sep 2001 21:19:44

it's ok now...
I've set "update interval" to "always run" in "recipient update service"

thank you!
ale

Post by Subodh Dube » Fri, 05 Oct 2001 16:39:03

It did not solve my problem

Pls visit us at www.icsat.com

> it's ok now...
> I've set "update interval" to "always run" in "recipient update service"

> thank you!
> ale

> > Sometimes I have noticed it takes a bit of time before new mailboxes
> become
> > available - try running a Recipient Update (Rebuild) from System
Manager.

> > Richard

> > > same problem with me!!!!

> > > this problems rise up when I have unistalled a second server with E2K
> and
> > AD
> > > all the mailbox created before still works well but I can't create new
> > > mailboxs with new users

> > > please help me too!!

> > > thank you
> > > ale

> > > type
> > > directory
> > and

> me
> > but
> > new

> > profile
> you
> > > group/mailboxes.

> > > server
> > able
> > > creates
> try
> password
> there
> > > is
> for
> > > the

> > WHY

Please Reply me..... New user mailbox problem, Please HELP!!!!

Post by Robert Chee » Fri, 12 Oct 2001 00:54:27

We are having the same problem and are looking into a
solution.

We have been running Win2k and exchange2k for a while but
just recently moved exchange to a new server.

Now when we create an account in AD, it says that the
mailbox was created but when you got to the admin storage
group and look to see if the mailbox was indeed created,
it was not. Leave it for a bit to see if Exchange has to
catch up and same thing.

So basically, AD thinks there is a mailbox for that user
and Exchange does not and has not created one.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>After you created the AD account with a mailbox, check
the account's
>E-Mail-Address-tab. If there are no e-mail-addresses

listed, you won't be
>able to use the mailbox. You have to check your recipient
update service of
>your Exchange 2000-Organisation then, if it is still
working.

>You also should check, if you have installed the Exchange-
System-Manager on
>the workstation from which you are creating new users.
Only with this
>Exchange-Admin-Tools you are able to create mailboxes too.

>Hope this helps,

>Mathias

>> > We are using Outlook express on client side, i did

not face this type of
Quote:>> > problem earlier, when ever i  create the new user in
active directory it
>> ask
>> > me to create mailbox and then done, my user will be
able to send and
>> receive
>> > mails.

>> > But now it is not happening i create the user in AD
then it ask me to
>> create
>> > the exchange mailbox it say that mailbox is created

successfully but now
Quote:>> my
>> > user is not able to receive mails and if I send the

mail to the new user
>> it
>> > returns with the mail delivery failure.

>> > PLEASE HELP ME

>> > Thanks

>> > Subodh

created an profile on
Quote:>> i.e.

rightclick on Outlook
Quote:>> and

opened Outlook you will
>> see
group/mailboxes.

Exchange 2000 server
Quote:>is

and they are able to
Quote:>> send
domain it creates
>> > mailbox
new user try to
>> > receive
the password which
>> > have

mailbox, there is no
Quote:>> > mail
mail box for the
>new
the user.

this regards WHY NEW

>> USER

>.

Please Reply me..... New user mailbox problem, Please HELP!!!!

Post by TJ Gala » Thu, 18 Oct 2001 05:43:09

Did you guys ever get a solution to this.  It seems im having the same problem.

TJ Galati

> > it's ok now...
> > I've set "update interval" to "always run" in "recipient update service"

> > thank you!
> > ale

> > > Sometimes I have noticed it takes a bit of time before new mailboxes
>  become
> > > available - try running a Recipient Update (Rebuild) from System
>  Manager.

> > > Richard

>  and
>  AD

>  this
>  type
>  of
>  directory
>  it
>  ask
>  send
>  and
>  receive

>  ask
>  me
>  create
>  successfully
>  but
>  now
>  my
>  the
>  new
>  user
>  it

>  profile
>  on
>  i.e.
>  on
>  Outlook
>  and
>  you
>  will
>  see
>  group/mailboxes.

>  2000
>  server
>  is
>  are
>  able
>  send
>  and
>  creates
>  mailbox
>  try
>  receive
>  password
>  which
>  have
>  there
>  is
>  no
>  mail
>  for
>  the
>  new
>  user

>  regards
>  WHY
>  NEW
>  USER
>  ARE

Please Reply me..... New user mailbox problem, Please HELP!!!!

Post by Jeff » Sun, 21 Oct 2001 19:40:56

Hi,
I got the same problem here.
Basically, i had a PDC running Win2K and E2K.

somehow, i tried to promote another server as PDC to link up to this
existing server.
but there are alot of problems after that, e.g. (User's deleted all the
mails and place it on their own pst, but the exchange mailbox still shows
that the mailbox is very large!,
in another case, a user can login to the network, but is unable to login to
outlook. worse thing is, he is able to login using OWA!!!)
therefore i deleted this user and tried to create a new user again, and the
outcome is that user can be created, but mailbox is unable to.

i tried to dcpromo(demote the 2nd server) but encountered errors. so i tried
using the ntdsutil to remove the AD in the 1st server and succeeded. in the
end, i remove the 2nd server from the network and format it.
now,  i am still unable to create new users... i suspect my 1st server's
syncronising with the 2nd server encountered some problems and now the
system had gone haywire.

my application logs shows MAD monitoring initialising and initialised very
frequently. are these problems linked?

i am really desperate. hope someone can help me. thanks!

> We are having the same problem and are looking into a
> solution.

> We have been running Win2k and exchange2k for a while but
> just recently moved exchange to a new server.

> Now when we create an account in AD, it says that the
> mailbox was created but when you got to the admin storage
> group and look to see if the mailbox was indeed created,
> it was not. Leave it for a bit to see if Exchange has to
> catch up and same thing.

> So basically, AD thinks there is a mailbox for that user
> and Exchange does not and has not created one.

> Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

Post by Jeff » Sun, 21 Oct 2001 19:49:15

it shows me 2 Recipient Update Services. 1 is (Enterprise Configuration),
the other is (myDomain).

so which one shall i rebuild? i rebuild both and in the application log, it
shows that it receive instructions to stop the Recipient Service. am i doing
the rite thing?
how long do i have to wait to get the results?

> Sometimes I have noticed it takes a bit of time before new mailboxes
become
> available - try running a Recipient Update (Rebuild) from System Manager.

> Richard

> > same problem with me!!!!

> > this problems rise up when I have unistalled a second server with E2K
and
> AD
> > all the mailbox created before still works well but I can't create new
> > mailboxs with new users

> > please help me too!!

> > thank you
> > ale

> > > nothing

> > type
> > > of
> > directory
> > > it
> and

> but
> > > now
> new
> > > user

> profile
> > > on
> > > Outlook
> > > will
> > group/mailboxes.

> > server
> able
> > creates
> > > which
> > is
> > > no
> > the

> WHY
> > > NEW

Please Reply me..... New user mailbox problem, Please HELP!!!!

Post by Tom Meunie » Mon, 22 Oct 2001 01:01:45

Whoa.  First, quit cross-posting and pick a group.  Second, you just found
the problem.  Let's get some event IDs and text in here, please.  Thanks.

--
Tom Meunier
Network Administrator

(remove spam filter to reply)

> it shows me 2 Recipient Update Services. 1 is (Enterprise Configuration),
> the other is (myDomain).

> so which one shall i rebuild? i rebuild both and in the application log,
it
> shows that it receive instructions to stop the Recipient Service. am i
doing
> the rite thing?
> how long do i have to wait to get the results?

> > Sometimes I have noticed it takes a bit of time before new mailboxes
> become
> > available - try running a Recipient Update (Rebuild) from System
Manager.

> > Richard

> > > same problem with me!!!!

> > > this problems rise up when I have unistalled a second server with E2K
> and
> > AD
> > > all the mailbox created before still works well but I can't create new
> > > mailboxs with new users

> > > please help me too!!

> > > thank you
> > > ale

> > > type
> > > directory
> > and

> me
> > but
> > new

> > profile
> you
> > > group/mailboxes.

> > > server
> > able
> > > creates
> try
> password
> there
> > > is
> for
> > > the

> > WHY

Please Reply me..... New user mailbox problem, Please HELP!!!!

Post by Jeff » Fri, 26 Oct 2001 15:10:34

actually, after rebuilding the recipient update services, my problem is
solved. only for the moment. coz there are a lot of funny event id going
on... like MAD monitoring initialising thread repeatedly...

anyway, i can create new users now. :)