Event Script on Cluster

Post by eli » Tue, 10 Sep 2002 18:37:23

Hi,

Exchange 2000 SP2 on A/A Cluster in mixed environment with Exchange 5.5 SP4
and 1 Stand alone Exchange 2000.

When trying to start the Microsoft Event Script service, I get this Event
ID:

Source: MSExchangeES
Event ID: 5

"An unexpected MAPI error occurred. Error returned was [0x8000ffff]"

The Service is configured to logon with the Exchange Service Account.
The Exchange User Service Account password verified.

Is there any limitation on configuring Event Script Service on Exchange
Cluster?
Is there a Cluster Application Resource for Microsoft Event Script?

Any Idea's?
Thanks.

Eli

Event Script on Cluster

Post by Scott Schnoll [MVP » Fri, 13 Sep 2002 05:52:56

Hi,

The Event Service is not supported on an Exchange 2000 cluster.  See
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q259197 for details.
--
Regards,

Scott Schnoll
MCT MCSE MCSA MCP+I
Microsoft MVP
Exchange 2000 Server: The Complete Reference - ISBN 0072127392
TNT Software - www.tntsoftware.com
Microsoft Cluster Server Center - www.nwnetworks.com/cluster.html
Internet Explorer Security Center - www.nwnetworks.com/iesc.html

Quote:> Hi,

> Exchange 2000 SP2 on A/A Cluster in mixed environment with Exchange 5.5
SP4
> and 1 Stand alone Exchange 2000.

> When trying to start the Microsoft Event Script service, I get this Event
> ID:

> Source: MSExchangeES
> Event ID: 5

> "An unexpected MAPI error occurred. Error returned was [0x8000ffff]"

> The Service is configured to logon with the Exchange Service Account.
> The Exchange User Service Account password verified.

> Is there any limitation on configuring Event Script Service on Exchange
> Cluster?
> Is there a Cluster Application Resource for Microsoft Event Script?

> Any Idea's?
> Thanks.

> Eli

1. Event Script on Cluster

Hi,

Exchange 2000 SP2 on A/A Cluster in mixed environment with Exchange 5.5 SP4
and 1 Stand alone Exchange 2000.

When trying to start the Microsoft Event Script service, I get this Event
ID:

Source: MSExchangeES
Event ID: 5

"An unexpected MAPI error occurred. Error returned was [0x8000ffff]"

The Service is configured to logon with the Exchange Service Account.
The Exchange User Service Account password verified.

Is there any limitation on configuring Event Script Service on Exchange
Cluster?
Is there a Cluster Application Resource for Microsoft Event Script?

Any Idea's?
Thanks.

Eli.

2. negative message count

3. Address Book: SMTP Address Fax Number

4. HELPDESK.PST

5. Event Script Errors - which script???

6. Outlook web access

7. Event Script Errors - which script is that???

8. calls to Wscript object in a script invoked by the exchange20000 script event sink handler fail

9. Transport/Protocol Events in a multiple virtual server/cluster world

10. Event ID : 9175 logged by SA on a Cluster

11. Q: EXC5.5 cluster, event service failed