Mailbox From Field Default Name

Post by Wesley » Fri, 22 Nov 2002 03:32:39

Greetings,

I have an interesting question.  We just recently migrated to Exchange 2000
from 55.  We had a shared mailbox set up on 55 that multiple people used.
And when the shared mailbox had a mail message that the users wanted to
reply to, in the old 55, the default name would appear to be the users
account name in the "From" field by default.  Now with 2000 it defaults to
the mailbox that is shared's primary account name in the "From" field.  The
user can change it, but it is cumbersome.
Any ideas how to switch it?

Thanks,
Wes H

Mailbox From Field Default Name

Post by Benoit Boudevill » Fri, 22 Nov 2002 05:44:20

Can't they use "Send As" feature ?

> Greetings,

> I have an interesting question.  We just recently migrated to Exchange 2000
> from 55.  We had a shared mailbox set up on 55 that multiple people used.
> And when the shared mailbox had a mail message that the users wanted to
> reply to, in the old 55, the default name would appear to be the users
> account name in the "From" field by default.  Now with 2000 it defaults to
> the mailbox that is shared's primary account name in the "From" field.  The
> user can change it, but it is cumbersome.
> Any ideas how to switch it?

> Thanks,
> Wes H

Mailbox From Field Default Name

Post by Wesley » Fri, 22 Nov 2002 05:49:47

I haven't used that feature before.  I always just gave permissions to the
mailbox and let them choose.
Will Send As do what I need?

Wes

> Can't they use "Send As" feature ?

> > Greetings,

> > I have an interesting question.  We just recently migrated to Exchange
2000
> > from 55.  We had a shared mailbox set up on 55 that multiple people
used.
> > And when the shared mailbox had a mail message that the users wanted to
> > reply to, in the old 55, the default name would appear to be the users
> > account name in the "From" field by default.  Now with 2000 it defaults
> > the mailbox that is shared's primary account name in the "From" field.
The
> > user can change it, but it is cumbersome.
> > Any ideas how to switch it?

> > Thanks,
> > Wes H

1. Mailbox From Field Default Name

Greetings,

I have an interesting question.  We just recently migrated to Exchange 2000
from 55.  We had a shared mailbox set up on 55 that multiple people used.
And when the shared mailbox had a mail message that the users wanted to
reply to, in the old 55, the default name would appear to be the users
account name in the "From" field by default.  Now with 2000 it defaults to
the mailbox that is shared's primary account name in the "From" field.  The
user can change it, but it is cumbersome.
Any ideas how to switch it?

Thanks,
Wes H

2. Outside Access

3. How to change alias field from defaulting to logon name

4. When 16,383 items isn't enough

5. Importing default form fields into custom form fields?

6. Assigning rights to create/changing userinfo

7. Field names in mailbox properties ?

8. Problem on installing Exchange 2k into a multi-site Exchange 5.5 environment

9. Field names in mailbox properties ??

10. field names in the mailbox properties ???

11. Field names in mailbox properties ?

12. field names in mailbox properties ?

13. wrong default domain name on new mailbox