Transfering File Attachments

Post by Chris Langto » Sat, 19 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Thanks to everyone who have previously responded to my last question !

Using the Exchange Visual Basic Forms Designer I'm trying to create an
custom e-mail form that sends info to MS Access 2.

So far so good in that I can send any text information to the database.

i.e.

rs("MyDatabaseField1") = Entry1_Ctrl
rs("MyDatabaseField2") = Entry2_Ctrl

etc

However, I would also like to be able to send a file attachment to the
database field with an OLE data type using the following code

rs("MyOLEDatabaseField") = Mapi_Body_Custom_Ctrl

I can insert files into this field within the e-mail but it doesn't
appear because nothing is actually sent to the database (No errors
though !)

Am i refering to the control correctly or can anyone think what else it
could be.

Many thanks

Chris