STORE.EXE memory leaking

Post by Nir Laha » Fri, 31 Jan 2003 20:35:37

i have exchange 2000 server with under windows 2000
server sp3 and also exchange 2000 sp3 was
installed ,however my store.exe is growing and grownig
all the time and use more and more memory. i have 1 GB
ram on the server and it useup to 800 mb, i have to
restart the service every 5-6 days, the database is not
corrupt and i have only 10 mailboxes on this server.
is it normal?? or should i do somthing?

thanks
Nir

STORE.EXE memory leaking

Post by Mathias Trap » Fri, 31 Jan 2003 21:10:07

Exchange 2000 uses any memory it can get. You don't have to restart your
server, especially if you don't see any negative effects like connection
problems, slow downs, etc.

When Exchange 2000 starts it checks how much physical memory is build in
your server. Then it allocates any free ram besides some 100 MB but frees it
immediately when another application demands memory from the system. So
don't worry if your store-process eats up so much memory!

--
Mathias Trapp
Exchange System-Consultant

Quote:> i have exchange 2000 server with under windows 2000
> server sp3 and also exchange 2000 sp3 was
> installed ,however my store.exe is growing and grownig
> all the time and use more and more memory. i have 1 GB
> ram on the server and it useup to 800 mb, i have to
> restart the service every 5-6 days, the database is not
> corrupt and i have only 10 mailboxes on this server.
> is it normal?? or should i do somthing?

> thanks
> Nir

STORE.EXE memory leaking

Post by Alexander Gorbuno » Thu, 13 Feb 2003 19:25:51

Dear Mathias,

I have exactly the same situation as Nir Lahav (Exchange 2000 SP3, 1Gb RAM,
STORE.EXE occupied most of 1Gb in a couple of days)

And! I know that STORE.EXE grows _exactly_  during every night "Information
Store (2560) Online defragmentation ..."

I'm not worry about eating up memory, I see some performance degradation.

Would you be so kind to comment "Q266768 XSTR: How to Modify the Store
Database Maximum Cache Size" article. Can I decrees
msExchESEParamCacheSizeMax to avoid described situation?

Alexander Gorbunov

> Exchange 2000 uses any memory it can get. You don't have to restart your
> server, especially if you don't see any negative effects like connection
> problems, slow downs, etc.

> When Exchange 2000 starts it checks how much physical memory is build in
> your server. Then it allocates any free ram besides some 100 MB but frees
it
> immediately when another application demands memory from the system. So
> don't worry if your store-process eats up so much memory!

> --
> Mathias Trapp
> Exchange System-Consultant
> http://Mathias.Trapp.bei.t-online.de

> > i have exchange 2000 server with under windows 2000
> > server sp3 and also exchange 2000 sp3 was
> > installed ,however my store.exe is growing and grownig
> > all the time and use more and more memory. i have 1 GB
> > ram on the server and it useup to 800 mb, i have to
> > restart the service every 5-6 days, the database is not
> > corrupt and i have only 10 mailboxes on this server.
> > is it normal?? or should i do somthing?

> > thanks
> > Nir

1. IIS and STORE.exe memory leak

Hello everyone, I have what appears to be a serious problem.  I have a
server that is a dual processor box wth 2.0Ghz Xeon Processors, 1GB of RAM
and a buch of HDD Space in a RAID 5 Config.

Installed on this server I have IIS, Exchange 2000 and SQL 7.  All Server
apps have the newest Service Packs.  I have even applied all updates for
IIS.  The problem is IIS and Exchange (inetinfo.exe and STORE.exe) are
taking up an unusual amount of RAM and they continualy are increasing.
Currently they are at 345MB of RAM a piece.  I have seen exchange and SQL do
this before, but not IIS, so I am concerned.  I did have a virus on this
server before, but that has been cleaned up according to my best knowledge.
Does anyone have ANY suggsstions.

Thanks, Stewart

2. Two clients cannont conatct each other

3. IIS and STORE.exe Memory leak

4. Event ID 1171

5. store.exe memory leak

6. Items disappearing and reappearing in inbox

7. IIS and STORE.exe memory leak

8. Q: Multiple Exchange 2000 databases

9. Exchange 2000 store.exe memory leak

10. Store.exe Memory Leak?