Configuring Outlook folders for off-line usage without doing individually

Configuring Outlook folders for off-line usage without doing individually

Post by John J. Ziemiansk » Mon, 26 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to configure your Outlook Off-line
folder synchronization as a group instead of changing the properties of
each folder individually??

Changing the net highest level folder, does NOT give those properties to
all the folders under that directory level.  Nor can one select more than
one folder at a time to customize the properties.

Thanks,
John J. Ziemianski
The Timken Company

Configuring Outlook folders for off-line usage without doing individually

Post by Rich Matheis » Mon, 26 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to configure your Outlook Off-line folder synchronization as a group instead of changing the properties of each folder individually??

If you do find a way to do this be sure and let the rest of us know,
too!

Configuring Outlook folders for off-line usage without doing individually

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Tue, 27 Jan 1998 04:00:00

However, if you change the highest level folder's properties, any *new*
folders that you create will inherit its properties.
--
Sue Mosher
Author of  "The Microsoft Exchange User's Guide" and

Quote:>Hi there,

>I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to configure your Outlook Off-line

folder synchronization as a group instead of changing the properties of each
folder individually??
Quote:

>Changing the net highest level folder, does NOT give those properties to

all the folders under that directory level. Nor can one select more than one
folder at a time to customize the properties.

>Thanks,
>John J. Ziemianski
>The Timken Company

1. Off-line address book - can it be done?

Does Outlook Express version 4 or 5 allow you a user at a remote location to
download a copy of the global address list from Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5?

I know that by configuring LDAP that these people can have access to the global
address list on our Exchange server. However, we have several remote/dial-in
users that would benefit greatly by using an off-line address book. I have yet
to see how I can do this. I know I can export a CSV file from Exchange and
import it into Outlook Express. When I do this the e-mail address field in OE
does not show up thus making the directory entry invalid.

Is there an easy way to download an off-line address book using POP3/SMTP or
IMAP4/SMTP?

Thanks

Kris Arthur

2. Why is my Exchange Server 5.5 so slow?

3. Problems with Synchronising Off-Line Folders with Outlook 97

4. Recover Deleted items

5. Outlook 2000 & Off line folder problem

6. Callendar Not Showing Attendee Availability After March 1st

7. Outlook Off-line folders.

8. how to limit access to Global address book

9. IIS 3.0/Http Acces Goes Off Line Without Notification

10. off line use of public folders

11. Public folder while off-line

12. Exchange 2000 Server: off-line public folders?

13. Orphan Off-line Folders