Moving mailbox to another store

Post by Ton » Sat, 25 Jan 2003 04:09:00

I created a new store under the same storage group and would like to
move a mailbox from the default Mailbox Store into this new store.

I go to active directory users and computers find the user object and
go to exchange tasks.

select move mailbox, select my new store and next

Then I get an error message

Error: SAving changes to the directory
CN=.........,OU=........,OU=.....,OU=.....,DC=.....,DC=.....

Access denied

Can anyone help please.

thanks

1. Moving Mailbox causes source STORE.EXE to crash

I attempt to move a mailbox with Ex5.5 admin to a new server in same site.
After about 6%, the store on the source server crashes.

The following event is the generated:

The description for Event ID ( 1026 ) in Source ( MSExchangeAdmin ) could
not be found. It contains the following insertion string(s): NT1, Network
problems are preventing connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server
computer.

Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
ID no: 80040115-0514-000006be.

I think this is due to the fact that the target can no longer find the
source's store.

Any thoughts on this?   Both servers are running Ex5.5sp3 with latest post
sp3 store patch.  Both were recently isinteg'd with no errors.

Ev

2. I wish to reInstall Exchange 2k.

3. Moving mailboxes causes information store to crash..

4. NT/Exchange authentication

5. Help In Moving Mailboxes and Directory Stores

6. Invalid access to memory location

7. Moving mailboxes to second store

8. Can anyone solve this little problem?

9. Moving mailbox from one store to another

10. move mailbox cause information store service to fail

11. Help In Moving Mailboxes and Directory Stores

12. problem moving user mailbox to other mailbox store

13. New Mailbox not shown in Store, moved Mailboxes cannot be found in GAL