free/busy interrogation with CDO /ASP

Post by Neil » Thu, 15 May 2003 21:28:56

Hi,

I'm trying to create an ASP page on our intranet with an overall view of the
60 or so people in the office's free/busy information, with a view to
helping hot desking.

Simple enough to do this using code from the KB :
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=195591

It's fine when I'm the user but when anyone else tries it (I dynamically
choose mailbox using auth_user), they just get a blank page.

Are there any specific permissions users require to see free/busy info ? I
was under the impression that there aren't.

for info, with the other users if I do a 'set oInbox = objSession.GetInbox',
I get an error returned, so they're not logged in....

Any ideas gratefully received,

Thanks, N

free/busy interrogation with CDO /ASP

Post by Benoit Boudevill » Sun, 18 May 2003 09:08:38

did you disable Anonymous access in your directory security settings ?
try with only SSPI authentication turned on and check again ?

> Hi,

> I'm trying to create an ASP page on our intranet with an overall view of the
> 60 or so people in the office's free/busy information, with a view to
> helping hot desking.

> Simple enough to do this using code from the KB :
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=195591

> It's fine when I'm the user but when anyone else tries it (I dynamically
> choose mailbox using auth_user), they just get a blank page.

> Are there any specific permissions users require to see free/busy info ? I
> was under the impression that there aren't.

> for info, with the other users if I do a 'set oInbox = objSession.GetInbox',
> I get an error returned, so they're not logged in....

> Any ideas gratefully received,

> Thanks, N

1. Free / Busy Exchange ( SEND / RECIEVE Free/Busy Information ) problems

exchange 5.5 sp3

outlook 2000

under outlook send/receive there is an option to send/receive free/busy
information ( I would assume this means NOW, not in the default 15
minutes. )

however it is grayed out..

anyone know how to enable this?

What are others doing for quicker free/busy information published?  doesn't
it cause confusion if someone tries to schedule a resource within the same
15 minutes?? I have changed to 5 minutes, but don't know if it will
adversely affect the network performance.

thanks

mike

2. Public folder

3. Lost my Free/Busy database (Schedule+ Free and Busy public folder)

4. M Drive move?

5. ASP Free/Busy

6. Company Calendar

7. Getting Free Busy Time via CDO or another reference

8. Queue Messages for Domain

9. CDO: Calendar filtering problems - free/busy and start/end date

10. CDO scheduling doesn't update free/busy info

11. CDO.dll has 2 month Free/Busy limitation?

12. problems with free-busy-status and cdo.addresse

13. event sink (vb6-cdo) nut updating free/busy correctly