Anonymous access for Public Folders

Post by New » Wed, 12 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Microsoft Q152855 article states information to setup a Anonymous posting
service for a public folder.  The instructions however mention installing a
service from the following directory on the exchange cd

\setup\platform\sampapps\server\anon

I can't find this directory anywhere! Nor can I find any further info from
Microsoft of anywhere else.  Anyone out there ever set this up or have a
clue how to?

Anonymous access for Public Folders

Post by Douglas Buchanan [MVP » Wed, 12 Apr 2000 04:00:00

That article refers to versions 4 and 5. You don't happen to be looking for
that on a 5.5 CD, do you?

> Microsoft Q152855 article states information to setup a Anonymous posting
> service for a public folder.  The instructions however mention installing
> service from the following directory on the exchange cd

> \setup\platform\sampapps\server\anon

> I can't find this directory anywhere! Nor can I find any further info from
> Microsoft of anywhere else.  Anyone out there ever set this up or have a
> clue how to?

1. CDO problem: anonymous access to public folder running ASP from Netscape users

Check your IIS settings. It seems that you haven't enabled IIS anonymous
access for this ASP application. It can be found on the properties of the
virtual directory.

--
Siegfried Weber

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) - Exchange Server
Co-author of "Professional CDO Programming", Wrox Press 1999

CDOLive - The Premier Resource for Microsoft Collaboration Data Objects
http://www.cdolive.com

Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
discussion.
Questions by e-mail are discarded without further notice - filter active.

2. Exchange Database

3. Anonymous access to public folders

4. Listing current connections

5. Cdo: Anonymous access for Public folders

6. notification of e-mail

7. Anonymous access to Public folders?

8. Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000 Member Server???

9. Anonymous Access to Public Folders through OWA

10. Anonymous Access to Public Folders

11. Restricting Anonymous Access to Public Folders

12. Anonymous access for Public Folders

13. Anonymous Access to Public Folders through OWA