Remove Exchange Cluster

Post by gerr » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 22:57:10

I have uninstalled Exch 2K from both nodes in a Cluster, removed cluster
services from both nodes and deleted the nodes  and the Exchange Virtual
server from AD. Is the Cluster Alias stored anywhere in AD? I will be
rebuilding the cluster using the same Node, cluster and VS names.

Thanks,

Gerry

Remove Exchange Cluster

Post by Carlos Dinapoli [arg » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 23:20:59

Check this

XADM: Removing Exchange 2000 Does Not
Remove "Organization" (262895)

XADM: How to Manually Remove an Exchange 2000 Installation
(260378)

XADM: Cluster Resources Associate User with Old Virtual
Server Name and Mailbox Store (309782)

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I have uninstalled Exch 2K from both nodes in a Cluster,
removed cluster
>services from both nodes and deleted the nodes  and the
Exchange Virtual
>server from AD. Is the Cluster Alias stored anywhere in
AD? I will be
>rebuilding the cluster using the same Node, cluster and
VS names.

>Thanks,

>Gerry

>.

Remove Exchange Cluster

Post by gerr » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 23:34:32

Carlos,

Thanks for the reply. I am not removing Exchange completely, I have 4 other
clusters and Exchange running on a DC (temporarily!).
I have removed the Exchange VS entry from AD, but I do not know if the
Cluster group network name is stored anywhere in AD and how to remove it if
it is, as I am going to re-use it when I rebuild this cluster.

Regards,

Gerry

Quote:> Check this

> XADM: Removing Exchange 2000 Does Not
> Remove "Organization" (262895)

> XADM: How to Manually Remove an Exchange 2000 Installation
> (260378)

> XADM: Cluster Resources Associate User with Old Virtual
> Server Name and Mailbox Store (309782)

Remove Exchange Cluster

Post by Windows MV » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 00:10:29

Gerry,

Check your DNS records, there is an entry stored there.

Bill F. (Windows Setup MVP)

Quote:> I have uninstalled Exch 2K from both nodes in a Cluster, removed cluster
> services from both nodes and deleted the nodes  and the Exchange Virtual
> server from AD. Is the Cluster Alias stored anywhere in AD? I will be
> rebuilding the cluster using the same Node, cluster and VS names.

> Thanks,

> Gerry

1. Remove Exchange Cluster Nodes

I need to rebuild one of 5 2-node clusters running EX2K.
If I can run the EX uninstall on both nodes will that also remove the
cluster / nodes from the Exchange site list and also the nodes from AD?

Also if I am unable to uninstall and have to "trash" the servers in that
cluster what are the steps required for manully removing the nodes and
cleaning up AD entries?

There are no mailboxes on the cluster.

Thanks,

Gerry

2. Mandatory Profiles and profgen

3. Cluster Exchange or Remove Cluster??

4. upload of offline changes error

5. Removing clustering on Exchange 5.5 Enterprise?

6. Adding Multiple Aliases

7. Removing Exchange from a Cluster

8. Exchange performance/monitoring tools

9. Removing Exchange 5.5 from a Cluster

10. removing exchange from a cluster

11. Removing Exchange from a cluster

12. Removing Exchange 5.5 from a cluster

13. Exchange 5.5 non cluster to Exchange 2000 Cluster