Blank Senders in email. How to stop?

Post by Mirand » Thu, 22 May 2003 02:38:33

Help. I keep getting messages with a blank sender every 10
minutes. The size of the emails are always 4481K and they
are going to all of my users. How do I stop this? Thanks,
Miranda.

Blank Senders in email. How to stop?

Post by Philip Nun » Thu, 22 May 2003 06:18:12

Can you view the message header on the emails?  Using outlook 2k/XP right
click on the messge and go to "Options."  This should let you view the
internet headers of the messages.  You can then setup filtering on you

Phil

Quote:> Help. I keep getting messages with a blank sender every 10
> minutes. The size of the emails are always 4481K and they
> are going to all of my users. How do I stop this? Thanks,
> Miranda.

Blank Senders in email. How to stop?

Post by Mark Fugatt [MVP » Thu, 22 May 2003 06:27:04

You can use Message Filtering, here is a link that might help:

Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Exchange MVP
www.exchangetrainer.com
www.msexchange.org

Quote:> Help. I keep getting messages with a blank sender every 10
> minutes. The size of the emails are always 4481K and they
> are going to all of my users. How do I stop this? Thanks,
> Miranda.

Blank Senders in email. How to stop?

Post by Mirand » Thu, 22 May 2003 10:41:45

No I can't view the header. The email is never delivered
to the inbox of any of my clients.

On exchange 2000 it says a message with a blank sender has
been sent, 4481K. I think there's a virus on a client
computer, but I can seem to find it. Symantec Corporate AV
8.0 shows all my machines as clean.

Post by Mirand » Thu, 22 May 2003 10:44:30

I configured my Ex2K server with those settings during the
intial setup months ago. I think the problem is a virus.
But my Symantec AV 8.0 shows all my machines as clean.

I'm at a loss as to what to do.

1. Stop Blank Sender or recipient

Is there a way of either deleting, returning to sender or forwarding mail to
an administrator that is sent to an exchange2000 server when the senders
address is blank (i.e. spam) or the recepient is blank!)?

2. Forward unknown recipient

3. How stop BLANK subject emails

4. Cannot receive external mail in Exchange2000

5. Blank SENDER when using rules in Outlook

6. Reply Internet Email

7. Not receiving e-mail with blank sender

8. Exchange 5.5 Client access

9. Blank Sender 4481K Message

10. Filter messages with blank sender

11. Blank Sender with message size of 4481K

12. blank senders

13. Sender of Message is Blank