Address Lists Custom Search LDAP Base object

Address Lists Custom Search LDAP Base object

Post by Matthias Hei » Wed, 26 Feb 2003 16:38:50

Hi all,

i try to define a LDAP query that generates a address
list with all email-enabled contacts in a specific OU.

Searching by objectClass (contacts) and email-enabled
(mailNickName) is quite easey. However, is there a way to
define the Base DN of that LDAP query to return only
contacts in a specific OU? Or is it possible to filter
contacts from a specific OU by the distinguishedName
(where the OU is part of)?

Regards Matthias

Address Lists Custom Search LDAP Base object

Post by Fabio Pintos [MSFT » Thu, 06 Mar 2003 07:44:07

Unfortunately there's not an easy way to query like this using Address
Lists - the basic problem is that we don't have "scopes" in the address
lists.

Using distinguishedName does not work because internally the AD stores that
as a GUID so it only supports "is exactly" queries, not "contains", "starts
with" or "ends with".

--
-Fabio Pintos

Please do not send email directly to this alias.
This alias is for newsgroup purposes only.

Quote:> Hi all,