Scripting Debugger does not work

Post by Sean Robert » Sat, 18 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I am trying to debug a VBScript.  I installed the script de*, but when
I add 'stop' into the script the event service stops.....
errrgg.
It should start the de* on the Exchange server.
Removing the stop and restarting the event service and the script runs
again.
Any ideas?

Scripting Debugger does not work

Post by Siegfried Weber [MVP Exchange » Tue, 21 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Check the following MSKB article and post back if it helps:

http://www.veryComputer.com/

--
Siegfried Weber

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) - Exchange Server
Co-author of "Professional CDO Programming", Wrox Press 1999

CDOLive - The Premier Resource for Microsoft Collaboration Data Objects
http://www.veryComputer.com/

Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
discussion.
Questions by e-mail are discarded without further notice - filter active.

Quote:> I am trying to debug a VBScript.  I installed the script de*, but
when
> I add 'stop' into the script the event service stops.....
> errrgg.
> It should start the de* on the Exchange server.
> Removing the stop and restarting the event service and the script runs
> again.
> Any ideas?

Scripting Debugger does not work

Post by Nigel Elli » Fri, 02 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I too am having the same problem. I tried the MSKB article, and it was of no
use. Does it apply to Windows NT? The registry key mentioned,
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Script\Settings, does not exist,
and neither does the JITDebug key.

Are there any other suggestions?

>Check the following MSKB article and post back if it helps:

>http://www.veryComputer.com/

>--
>Siegfried Weber

>Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) - Exchange Server
>Co-author of "Professional CDO Programming", Wrox Press 1999

>CDOLive - The Premier Resource for Microsoft Collaboration Data Objects
>http://www.veryComputer.com/

>Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
>discussion.
>Questions by e-mail are discarded without further notice - filter active.

>> I am trying to debug a VBScript.  I installed the script de*, but
>when
>> I add 'stop' into the script the event service stops.....
>> errrgg.
>> It should start the de* on the Exchange server.
>> Removing the stop and restarting the event service and the script runs
>> again.
>> Any ideas?

1. Script Debugger Not Working

Here's the setup on the Exch server:
NT 4.0 SP3 + rollup and aspmemfix hotfixes
IE 4.01 SP1
MS Script Debugger
Exchange 5.5 SP1
All Exchange services running same service a/c
I'm logged in to NT as the Exchange service a/c
Fire up Exch mailbox (using 8.03) that is owned by the service a/c (the
mailbox has permissions to create scripts)
Create new script and put in "stop" statement as per the readme.doc.
Create new message in the folder and wait.

Problem:
The debugger fires up, but the script doesn't stop and the debugger doesn't
open any pages (i.e. it's blank).

Any ideas?

2. ETRN where are the messages ???

3. Cant get debugger to work for Exchange scripts.

4. Exchange security breach with outlook 2000

5. How to get debugger working in event script?

6. Cannot shutdown Exchange Server

7. M drive with multiple domains

8. Script Debugger & Exchange 5.5 Scripts

9. debugger for Exchange Agent script never starts

10. Lost my Script Debugger!

11. Getting script debugger to kick in

12. Lost my Script Debugger!