Access to others calendars via CDO?

Post by <Tom> » Sat, 27 Jan 2001 06:59:09

I'm trying to write an application that pulls appointments from users
calendars and prints out a daily time grid - like the one in Outlook but
which handles more than 6 appointments at the same time.

Anyway, I started using CDO to logon and all that but now I can't seem to
get the details on other users default calendars - I can get free/busy but
not details of each users appointments. I have seen examples from slipstick
of making references to the outlook object model and using
GetSharedDefaultFolder.

Do I have to mix CDO and Outlook to get this done or is there a way in CDO
to get a reference to some other user's folder?

Thanks,

Tom

Access to others calendars via CDO?

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Sat, 27 Jan 2001 07:13:50

You have to use a separate CDO Session for each user's mailbox you want to
see. Outlook makes it much easier.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

> I'm trying to write an application that pulls appointments from users
> calendars and prints out a daily time grid - like the one in Outlook but
> which handles more than 6 appointments at the same time.

> Anyway, I started using CDO to logon and all that but now I can't seem to
> get the details on other users default calendars - I can get free/busy but
> not details of each users appointments. I have seen examples from
slipstick
> of making references to the outlook object model and using
> GetSharedDefaultFolder.

> Do I have to mix CDO and Outlook to get this done or is there a way in CDO
> to get a reference to some other user's folder?

> Thanks,

> Tom

1. Accessing any calendar via CDO logging on as an Admin user

I REALLY need help with this as soon as possible.  I need to find a
way to loggon to an NT Domain as a single user (Admin), and still have
the ability to create a dynamic profile via CDO for ANY account on
that Exchange, accessing their calendar, mailbox, etc.

Let me give an example:

Admin user logs on to NT.  Admin user, creates a dynamic profile in
CDO for some other user, and is able to get that user's mialbox, mail,
etc. information as if this Admin user WAS that person.

Is this possible?  If it is, HOW IS IT DONE?  Thanks in advance for
any help.

2. Loosing Roaming Profiles

3. Accessing another users calendar via CDO and vb

4. How to update Exchange Server 5.5 (trial ver)...

5. Accessing calendars via CDO in IIS

6. SBS 2000 and Outlook 2000

7. Accessing any calendar via CDO logging on as an Admin user

8. Server Specific Error 4294966278

9. web access to others calendar

10. Calendar: Problems viewing others calendars

11. Accessing All Users Folders via CDO