Failover Standard exchange server possible?

Failover Standard exchange server possible?

Post by juli » Sat, 31 Aug 2002 07:36:18

I am not aware of a tool to do this. If you're prepared to
spend some money on another server and require high-
availability/fault-tolerance, you might look into
www.marathontechnologies.com. My research proved it less
costly than clustering.

That said, my company maintains a "spare" server, hardware
matching the production boxes, and we have a solid backup
plan. We test restores to the spare server on a regular
basis. If the primary ever failed, we would reload
Exchange on the spare server to match the primary exactly,
and then restore from tape. We believe we could accomplish
this task in under 4 hours.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Can you set up MS Exchange Servers 5.5 Standard in a
>Master/BAckup relationship such that the Backup mirrors
>the Master servers and takes over in the event of a
>failure of the master?

>If not then how difficult is it to have the backup MS
>Exchange server in a standybye mode to be turned on in
>response to the Master failing?

>Am running NT server 4.0 SP6a.

>.

1. Failover Exchange server possible

Can you set up two MS Exchange Servers 5.5 (Standard) in a
Master/BAckup relationship such that the Backup mirrors
the Master servers and takes over in the event of a
failure of the master?

If not then how difficult is it to have the backup MS
Exchange server in a standybye mode to be turned on in
response to the Master Exchange Serverfailing?

I am running Exchange on an NT Server 4.0 SP6a machine and
they would be in same domain.

2. e-mail from DOS application throug exchange 5.5, Please Help

3. possible to setup E2K IM with failover server?

4. ERROR in Create a Mailbox Using DAPI

5. Setting up a backup/failover Exchange Server

6. e2k creates incorrect reply-to SMTP address for new users

7. failover exchange server

8. OWA folders

9. Exchange Failover server?

10. MS Exchange Server Failover?

11. Exchange Server Failover?!!

12. Exchange server failover software.

13. Exchange 5.5 Multiple Server Failover