Public Folder Article - Sue Mosher

Post by news.rdu.bellsouth.ne » Sat, 23 Jun 2001 09:31:46

Hello all,

I'm trying to implement Sue Mosher's article "Implementing a Group Mailbox
or Public Folder" located at
http://www.exchangeadmin.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=4855&Key=Ou...
0Forms on a Win2k/Exchange2k platform using Office XP.  To say the least
it's been difficult.  I implemented the public folder method sometime ago on
a 5.5. system and had no problems at all.  From what I understand Microsoft
has changed Agent Scripts to Sinks or some such nonsense. :)    I've scoured
the google, MSDN, Exch Docs, Technet, MS KB, Barnes and Noble, and the
newsgroups and have not found anything that tells me how to do the
equivalent thing in Exchange 2000.

Basically the script in her article is placed in the public folder and any
time the article is placed into the folder, it changed the form class to a
custom form which has pre-filled From: and BCC: fields.    There is also the
creation of a couple custom forms and I believe I have those correct.

Can someone translate her article so that it works for Exchange 2000/Office
XP?  Or tell me where I can find out about how I put this code to work on a
public folder?

Thanks for your help,

Michael Julson

Public Folder Article - Sue Mosher

Post by Michael Julso » Wed, 04 Jul 2001 02:36:10

Has anyone figured out a way to do this?

Thanks

Quote:> Hello all,

> I'm trying to implement Sue Mosher's article "Implementing a Group Mailbox
> or Public Folder" located at

http://www.exchangeadmin.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=4855&Key=Ou...
Quote:> 0Forms on a Win2k/Exchange2k platform using Office XP.  To say the least
> it's been difficult.  I implemented the public folder method sometime ago
on
> a 5.5. system and had no problems at all.  From what I understand
Microsoft
> has changed Agent Scripts to Sinks or some such nonsense. :)    I've
scoured
> the google, MSDN, Exch Docs, Technet, MS KB, Barnes and Noble, and the
> newsgroups and have not found anything that tells me how to do the
> equivalent thing in Exchange 2000.

> Basically the script in her article is placed in the public folder and any
> time the article is placed into the folder, it changed the form class to a
> custom form which has pre-filled From: and BCC: fields.    There is also
the
> creation of a couple custom forms and I believe I have those correct.

> Can someone translate her article so that it works for Exchange
2000/Office
> XP?  Or tell me where I can find out about how I put this code to work on
> public folder?

> Thanks for your help,

> Michael Julson

Public Folder Article - Sue Mosher

Post by Sue Moshe » Sun, 08 Jul 2001 20:02:54

Exchange 2000 has backwards compatibility with scripts written for Exchange
5.5. I haven't had time to try the form change script with Exchange 2000 but
have no reason to think it won't work.

> Has anyone figured out a way to do this?

> Thanks

> > Hello all,

> > I'm trying to implement Sue Mosher's article "Implementing a Group
Mailbox
> > or Public Folder" located at

http://www.exchangeadmin.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=4855&Key=Ou...
Quote:> > 0Forms on a Win2k/Exchange2k platform using Office XP.  To say the least
> > it's been difficult.  I implemented the public folder method sometime
ago
> on
> > a 5.5. system and had no problems at all.  From what I understand
> Microsoft
> > has changed Agent Scripts to Sinks or some such nonsense. :)    I've
> scoured
> > the google, MSDN, Exch Docs, Technet, MS KB, Barnes and Noble, and the
> > newsgroups and have not found anything that tells me how to do the
> > equivalent thing in Exchange 2000.

> > Basically the script in her article is placed in the public folder and
any
> > time the article is placed into the folder, it changed the form class to
> > custom form which has pre-filled From: and BCC: fields.    There is also
> the
> > creation of a couple custom forms and I believe I have those correct.

> > Can someone translate her article so that it works for Exchange
> 2000/Office
> > XP?  Or tell me where I can find out about how I put this code to work
on
> > public folder?

> > Thanks for your help,

> > Michael Julson

Public Folder Article - Sue Mosher

Post by Victor Ivanid » Tue, 10 Jul 2001 17:02:15

If you're interested in alternetive way to achieve that functionality
please look at http://victori.hypermart.net for UniSent and RightFrom
addins.

Regards,
Victor Ivanidze,
software developer.

> Hello all,

> I'm trying to implement Sue Mosher's article "Implementing a Group Mailbox
> or Public Folder" located at
> http://www.exchangeadmin.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=4855&Key=Ou...
> 0Forms on a Win2k/Exchange2k platform using Office XP.  To say the least
> it's been difficult.  I implemented the public folder method sometime ago on
> a 5.5. system and had no problems at all.  From what I understand Microsoft
> has changed Agent Scripts to Sinks or some such nonsense. :)    I've scoured
> the google, MSDN, Exch Docs, Technet, MS KB, Barnes and Noble, and the
> newsgroups and have not found anything that tells me how to do the
> equivalent thing in Exchange 2000.

> Basically the script in her article is placed in the public folder and any
> time the article is placed into the folder, it changed the form class to a
> custom form which has pre-filled From: and BCC: fields.    There is also the
> creation of a couple custom forms and I believe I have those correct.

> Can someone translate her article so that it works for Exchange 2000/Office
> XP?  Or tell me where I can find out about how I put this code to work on a
> public folder?

> Thanks for your help,

> Michael Julson

1. ATT: Sue Mosher (MVP)Re Access link

Hi All

I Have a real time link, what I have is access
installed on both server and clent, exchange server 2000
on server with clients running outlook 2000.

on server, I have a contacts list in the oublic folder,
accessible to all users, updated by all users.

I want to use that exchange/outlook contacts list to
update a central , identical access table which is to be
used in a networked Access application.

Now, Using the get external data link from the Access
instal on the client, the link real time , is made to the
the exchange server , public folders, contacts list.
howeveer, this appears to have the effect of locking the
table, which thereafter appears unuseable in the rest of
the access application.

When I try doing the same thing, logged on to the server
with the same profile, I cannot access the same public
folder. Hence linking fails. I suspect this is because
outlook is not, and cannot be installed on an exchserv2k
box.

When, I try to open a table linked via tha client, the
operation fails with that message about at least one
destination field, or something like that. Any ideas ?

cheers

dotun

.

2. Forward rule to SMTP doesn't work after upgrade to 5.5 sp1

3. Attn: Sue Mosher: remote Exchange Admin error

4. SMTP Connector Question ?

5. Sue Mosher: Re: Can't Use word as E-Mail Editor

6. wss views and paging

7. For Sue Mosher --> Public Folders...

8. Want to see the mails properties through program

9. Public folders-Articles being marked as unread.

10. NNTP Server - Convert articles from MCIS news server to exchange public folder

11. In regards to this article http://www.msexchange.org/pages/article.asp?id=541