Directing mail to undefined e-mail addresses

Directing mail to undefined e-mail addresses

Post by David G. Hoc » Sat, 24 May 2003 04:40:29

In Exchange 2000, if someone sends an e-mail message to an address that does

message to a specific user for review.  I'd like to set it up so that any
message sent to the domain that doesn't have a defined user goes to a
specified account.

Thanks for your help.

--David

Directing mail to undefined e-mail addresses

Post by Mark Fugatt [MVP » Sat, 24 May 2003 04:45:00

You can create an SMTP Event Sink to handle unresolved recipients, here is a
link from the Microsoft Knowledgebase that explains how this is done:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q315631

I personally would recommend you look at Mailbasket from www.turbogeeks.com

Hope this helps

--
Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Exchange MVP

> In Exchange 2000, if someone sends an e-mail message to an address that
does

> message to a specific user for review.  I'd like to set it up so that any
> message sent to the domain that doesn't have a defined user goes to a
> specified account.

> Thanks for your help.

> --David

Directing mail to undefined e-mail addresses

Post by Matt Ega » Sat, 24 May 2003 06:14:27

Quote:> You can create an SMTP Event Sink to handle unresolved recipients, here is a
> link from the Microsoft Knowledgebase that explains how this is done:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q315631

> I personally would recommend you look at Mailbasket from www.turbogeeks.com

> Hope this helps

Why would you want to do that? by that I mean catch all email incoming to your domain that doesn't resolve a recipient. since alot of spam attacks are nothing more then a dictionary attack on your domain.

your going to get hammered. if you just want a copy of all NDR sent to you go to the smtp service for each of you exchange servers. exchange>global settings>administrative groups>my email organ>servers>myserver>protocols>smtp
then right click on each virtual smtp server>properties>Messages

there is a field to send a copy of Non-Delivery Reports to:

1. Directing incoming mail from a certain email address to a certain mailbox

Management at my company has been concerned about email
sent from a certain email address.  They would like to re-
direct messages sent from this address to the
administrator (me), from the server level instead of
applying rules at the client.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible?

Thank you in advance.

2. Adding attachment to a message from the Web

3. Re-directing mail out to a totally different mail address

4. Exchange 5.5 to 2000 Upgrade

5. How do you redirect mail addressed to undefined user to a default user

6. Fax Software

7. Internet mail and undefined addresses

8. Exchange List account

9. No NDR for undefined email address

10. directing e-mail to users mail boxes

11. Emailing direct to the IP address of my server