calendar views in meeting requests: (I'm confused)

calendar views in meeting requests: (I'm confused)

Post by Michae » Mon, 09 Jun 2003 00:23:54

My HR director brought this problem to me.

When sending a meeting request, some individuals
have "access" to see others calendar information.

Normally under a meeting request you see the invited
user's calendar as available or not available.

I have this situation where when our HR lady does a
meeting request, she can see some users' calendar
information.  If she focus' her mouse it will pop up w/
the title and details of another users calendar info.

Any ideas???   this is cool to see, but not totally cool
to see...

calendar views in meeting requests: (I'm confused)

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Mon, 09 Jun 2003 04:51:57

It means the permissions have been set badly - by default, people can to use
free/busy to see when someone's available, but not see anything in the
person's calendar or mailbox.

Test access on the HR person's computer - if she goes to file | open | other
user's folder, can she open that person's calendar? Inbox? Contacts?
On the other person's outlook, if you/they right click on their top-level or
any other folder and go to properties, permissions, what do you see?

> My HR director brought this problem to me.

> When sending a meeting request, some individuals
> have "access" to see others calendar information.

> Normally under a meeting request you see the invited
> user's calendar as available or not available.

> I have this situation where when our HR lady does a
> meeting request, she can see some users' calendar
> information.  If she focus' her mouse it will pop up w/
> the title and details of another users calendar info.

> Any ideas???   this is cool to see, but not totally cool
> to see...

1. Can't view all attendees for meeting request

We recently upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000.
Since the upgrade, users can not see the other attendees
who have been invited to a meeting.  Only the meeting
organizer can see all attendees.

Prior to the upgrade, everyone invited could see the
other attendees.  Are there any settings at the client
(Outlook 2002) or server that will allow everyone to view
all attendees again?  Thanks.

2. comparing recipient to self in Exchange Agent script

3. AutoAccept script doesn't move meeting requests to calendar

4. Centrialized Routing/Rule Wizard for Exchange Server?

5. Meeting request response goes to manager's own calendar

6. ETRN command

7. ASP MAPI meeting request does not book organizer's calendar

8. newbie question - brick-level backup

9. Viewing other user's calendar entries in your own calendar view

10. Filtering 'meeting request'

11. Meeting requests - viewing other responses

12. Meeting requests - view response results

13. View availability of public resource in meeting request