Site Replication Service

Post by John Smit » Wed, 29 Jan 2003 17:20:25

Guys:

Question 1:
We have 42 exchange 5.5 sites.  (Boston, Chicago, New York and .... ) Do you think that it is a good idea to keep SRS service running in a site even if I have no more Exchange 5.5 server in a site? Keep in mind that my organization is in coexistence mode and I have Exchange 5.5 servers running in other sites.

Example:
Boston site is converted from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000. All mailboxes and public folders are on Exchange 2000 server.  There is no Exchange 5.5 server running in a Boston site.  There are Exchange 5.5 servers in an Exchange Organization but all these servers are in other sites. Do I still want to keep SRS services in a Boston site?

Question 2:
My Boston site is converted into an Exchange 2000 site.  There is no Exchange 5.5 server in a Boston site.  My organization is in a coexistence mode.  There are other Exchange 5.5 servers in my organization.  What should I do with my ADC connector with Boston site?  Should I delete it? Disable it? Set replication to never? Or leave it as it was before?

Question 3:
If I create any user in a Boston site (Exchange 2000 Site with SRS service disabled), that user is not appearing in GAL of Exchange 5.5 server. My exchange 5.5 users cannot see this new Exchange 2000 user whose mailbox is created on Boston Exchange 2000 server. Any idea, Why?

Question 4:
We have 42 Exchange 5.5 site.  I am converting one site at a time.  Is this a normal scenario to have a SRS running in each site in a mixed mode environment?

Question 5:
Do you have a good technical document links about role of SRS server in a one organization scenario with multiple sites? Could you please send me some links?

Question 6:
To apply service pack 3 what should be the order? Am I suppose to apply service pack 2 first and then service pack 3 or can I still apply service pack 3 directly without installing service pack 2.

Please let me know.

Thank you,

1. Site Replication Services

Guys:

I have few questions regarding Site Replication services.  I will appreciate
if some body can shed a light on it.  Please send me your replies at

[...]

John

2. WorkFlow on Exchange Active/Passive MSCS Cluster

3. Can't remove phantom Site Replication Service

4. Backup Exchange Server

5. Exchange 2K and MSExchangeSRS (Site replication service) Problem

6. Exchange Admin access denied

7. Site Replication Service

8. Can't send message to one domain

9. Exchange 2K and MSExchangeSRS (Site replication service) Problem

10. Site Replication Service

11. Setup Hangs on Installing Site Replication Service

12. Site Replication Service could not initialize