Reading Public folder Items and Sub folder items under public folders

Reading Public folder Items and Sub folder items under public folders

Post by Ram » Sun, 16 Mar 2003 00:39:52

I need to write a program to read Exchange mails stored in
Exchange5.5/ or 2000 public folders and its sub folders
and populate them on a screen.. Can anybody give me a
sample?

Thanks

Reading Public folder Items and Sub folder items under public folders

Post by Rich » Sat, 22 Mar 2003 03:55:28

yeah, it's simple.... I have some samples in Python and maybe Perl
somewhere.

what do you want to do with the data and how often do you want to do this ?

email me direct - "rich at crayfish dot nu" with some of the details of what
you're trying to do.

rich.

Quote:> I need to write a program to read Exchange mails stored in
> Exchange5.5/ or 2000 public folders and its sub folders
> and populate them on a screen.. Can anybody give me a
> sample?

> Thanks

1. copying contact items from mailboxes and public folders to another public folder

I'm trying to come up with a way to create a public folder that contains
contacts which are harvested from certain user's contacts folders and some
public folders on a nightly basis. I am only looking for contacts which have
a specific value in the 'Categories' field.         From research I've been
doing today, it seems like I need to use CDO to log into each mailbox and
then cycle through their contacts to find the ones that fit the category
criteria, then copy them to the public folder, then copy the contacts from
each public folder. Should I run this in a vbs file? Can someone give me a
nudge on the basic coding outline to do this?

2. Instant Messager

3. making a pointer to a public folder or public folder item

4. H E L P ! Creating the Organizational Forms Folder in 2000

5. Emails to public folders POST ITEMS, not MAIL ITEMS

6. contacts

7. IS Service takes long time to stop

8. Email to public folders POST ITEMS, not MAIL ITEMS

9. Emails to public folders post ITEMS, not MAIL ITEMS

10. Develop Application for reading public folder Items

11. Deleted Items folder in public folders ??

12. Contact Items are Read Only in Public Folders