Remote Mail - Exchange

Post by Konrad Schachtne » Tue, 03 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Hello,
we have installed MS Exchange Server 5.0 (NT-Server 4.0). NT-Server
(with RAS) and Exchange Server are installed on the same computer. We
have a problem with remote mail. When start remote mail on the exchange
client it takes about 7 (!) minutes to transfer one mail. The reason is,
that the NT-Server needs about 3 minutes to get connected to the
exchange server. Then it takes again another 3 minutes to transfer the
mails from the server to the client. Does anybody have an idea, why it
takes, why the connection between NT-Server and Exchange Server takes so
long.
Thank you very much in advance,
Konrad Schachtner.

Remote Mail - Exchange

Post by Jo?o Eduardo de Rezende Danta » Tue, 03 Jun 1997 04:00:00

I had this problem also. But it disapeared when I installed Service Pack 3
in both computers (server and remote client).

I am not sure that this is the solution but it worked.

Quote:> Hello,
> we have installed MS Exchange Server 5.0 (NT-Server 4.0). NT-Server
> (with RAS) and Exchange Server are installed on the same computer. We
> have a problem with remote mail. When start remote mail on the exchange
> client it takes about 7 (!) minutes to transfer one mail. ...

1. remote mail, exchange service, don't get internet address type in address book

i have a user using remote mail and if i only install Exchange Server
service in the exchange client i can't create a new Internet address
recipient type in the address book.  however, when the client is hooked
directly to the network with only exchange service, the internet address
type shows up.

how can i get the internet address type to show up when using remote mail?

thanks in advance,

tim koffley
seattle, wa

2. read receipt

3. Remote Mail - Exchange

4. PLEASE HELP with strange characters in OWA

5. Scanmail Users - which version are you using?

6. Exchange Remote Mail Dial-Up to MS Mail

7. enable change password option in exchange 2000

8. Unable to send SMTP mail using Outlook 97->Exchange 5.5 in remote mail mode

9. Exchange Remote Mail Dial-Up to MS Mail

10. Remote administer Remote Admin for Exchange 2000.