Master Browser ie MrxSmb Event ID:8005

Post by Don Clause » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 22:38:39

I keep getting the following message. "The browser has
received a server announcement indicating that the
computer DHCPSERVER is a master Browser, but this computer
is not a master browser."
I get this announcement with various our machines besides
the DHVPSERVER.
The event ID is 8005 but I can find nothing that relates.
Also unable to find any help in books I have.
Anybody have any solid ideas?
Thanks,
Don C.

1. The browser was unable to retrieve a list of servers from the browser master

I have two DC both with DNS service. The first is just DC, the second is DC
with Exchange2000.

I'm getting this error msg:

Event ID 8021:
The browser was unable to retrieve a list of servers from the browser master
\\KRAL on the network
\Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{CF72AE8B-2E31-4CCA-949A-7DC3B660E3AA}. The data is the
error code.

Event ID 8032:
The browser service has failed to retrieve the backup list too many times on
transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{CF72AE8B-2E31-4CCA-949A-7DC3B660E3AA}. The
backup browser is stopping.

What's wrong? It worked fine till the last week...

Any recommendations?

thnx

2. Event sink and script

3. Exchange Mail Folder Default Filter

4. OWA and SSL via Internet

5. Master Browser msg in event log ??

6. Another newbie install problem -- receive but can't send

7. Microsoft Exchange Event ID:64 Event ID 1025 Event ID 1107

8. Event Id 25, Event Id 11, Event Id 5004,

9. Event ID: 8021 system side of a file server source: browser

10. A lot of Event ID : 9318 and Event ID 9277 in event viewer

11. Master Browser Error