Revers Migration - ExChange 2000 to 5.5

Post by Richard Sulliva » Tue, 25 Sep 2001 23:16:04

We recently acquired a company that had a very poor
implementation of Exchange 2000 to the point that we
really need to rebuild and re-install exchange 2000. In
the meantime, we need to migrate the users to and Exchange
5.5 environment as that is where most of our technical
skills lie.

Does anyone know of an "easy" solution to the reverse
migration? ExMerge? or a 3rd party application?

And what can I tell the end users that they will "lose" or
should file locally to their desktops or laptops?

Thanks

Revers Migration - ExChange 2000 to 5.5

Post by Wesley Peace [MVP » Wed, 26 Sep 2001 09:33:43

ExMerge is your easiest solution.

As far as what they will loose, that is pretty subjective. They will be
using the same client for the most part the rest is dependent on the
features they've implemented. Chances are the impact will be minimal;
assuming you'd recreated their environment (users, distribution lists etc)
in Exchange 5.5.

Wesley Peace
Microsoft Exchange MVP

Read the Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm

We are what we repeatedly do. Aristotle

Quote:> We recently acquired a company that had a very poor