Win XP Pro & Exchange 2000

Post by Gary McDonnel » Thu, 24 Oct 2002 10:21:50

Nope. Exchange 2000 requires a Windows 2000 Server that is part of an Active
Directory domain.

Good luck! /gary mcdonnell
--------------------------

I'd like to use Exchange 2000 on a Win XP Pro server but the requirements
for Exchange 2000 state that I need Windows 2000. Will it work with Win XP
Pro?

Thanks,

Kev

Win XP Pro & Exchange 2000

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Thu, 24 Oct 2002 10:28:04

Ain't no such thing as WinXP Pro Server.... E2k runs only on Windows 2000
with Active Directory.

Quote:> I'd like to use Exchange 2000 on a Win XP Pro server but the requirements
> for Exchange 2000 state that I need Windows 2000. Will it work with Win XP
> Pro?

> Thanks,

> Kev

Win XP Pro & Exchange 2000

Post by Kev » Thu, 24 Oct 2002 09:50:41

I'd like to use Exchange 2000 on a Win XP Pro server but the requirements
for Exchange 2000 state that I need Windows 2000. Will it work with Win XP
Pro?

Thanks,

Kev

Win XP Pro & Exchange 2000

Post by Mark Rosenecke » Sat, 26 Oct 2002 08:26:43

Kev,

While you might think that XP Pro is a server OS, it
actually isn't.  It is based on NT4, but it's more akin to
Win2k Pro and NT Workstation than any server OS.  Exchange
2000 will NOT work in any capacity on anything other than
Win2k Server, Advanced Server, and Datacenter Server.  You
can get some beta management tools to manage your Exchange
environment on an XP Pro system, but I would not recommend
them, as they are intended more for the next release of
Exchange Server (Exchange Server 2003/2004).

    --Mark

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I'd like to use Exchange 2000 on a Win XP Pro server but
the requirements
>for Exchange 2000 state that I need Windows 2000. Will it
work with Win XP
>Pro?

>Thanks,

>Kev

>.

1. Can't network Win 2000 Pro to Win XP Home System

I have been trying to network a Desktop PC running windows
2000 Pro and a laptop with Windows XP Home Edition to
share a printer on the Desktop Win 2000 Pro system. I am
missing something obviously since I can't get either
system to see the other. Both systems are presently
accessing the internet using TCP/IP DHCP assigned
addresses from a linksys router hooked to a DSL line. So I
know the hardware is functioning (i.e. cables, hub, etc.)
I went to the win 2000 system an added a user with a
password. I set this up the same as the logon screen to
the XP Home Edition Laptop. I then added a new share on
the win 2000 machine with permissions to everyone and even
gave administator, user, poweruser, guest permissions. I
then shared the hard drives and printer on the win 2000
system. I did not know if a logon script should be setup.
That may be part of the solution to the problem. If so I
am one step short. After performing all the above tasks
and making sure that both systems were part of
workgroup "Workgroup" They do not network. What did I miss?
Thanks in advance.

2. Extra WORD page when starting OUTLOOK 2002

3. Win XP Pro & Exchange 2K

4. hidding the server name from the email address

5. Win XP Pro & Exch 2K

6. POP3 virutal server

7. Exchange 5.5 & XP Pro connectivity

8. send mail

9. Exchange & XP pro issue

10. ADSL,Exchange & XP pro

11. Outook 2K client on Win XP Pro machine Not seeing Exch 5.5

12. MMC Admin snap-ins won't run on XP Pro

13. remote server management on Win XP Pro