Exchange 2000 hangs

Post by osca » Sun, 07 Apr 2002 02:54:48

I have this problem, I have a Dell Power Edge 4400 Server
W2k Server running Exchange 2000
Server, with 2 Gigs of RAM Memory and a Raid 5 Hard Disk
System. The problem is that suddenly
today the server hangs with the desktop screen I can move
the mouse but I cant access to
anything even the CTRL+ALT+DEL I cannot turn off the
server. When I hot shut down it the system
log file only shows this:

Event Message:
The previous system shutdown at name on name was
unexpected.

Source Event Log Event ID Event Type
EventLog System 6008 Error

Any idea to solve this problem??? What solution could you
give me to this problem?

Thanks for your help.
Oscar.

Exchange 2000 hangs

Post by Robert Quimbey [MS » Sat, 13 Apr 2002 03:41:46

Quote:>I have this problem, I have a Dell Power Edge 4400 Server
>W2k Server running Exchange 2000
>Server, with 2 Gigs of RAM Memory and a Raid 5 Hard Disk
>System. The problem is that suddenly
>today the server hangs with the desktop screen I can move
>the mouse but I cant access to
>anything even the CTRL+ALT+DEL I cannot turn off the
>server. When I hot shut down it the system
>log file only shows this:

>Event Message:
>The previous system shutdown at name on name was
>unexpected.

>Source Event Log Event ID Event Type
>EventLog System 6008 Error

>Any idea to solve this problem??? What solution could you
>give me to this problem?

>Thanks for your help.
>Oscar.

Oscar,
This is almost always a hardware problem or kernel mode driver*
the system like that.  Have you changed the hardware in any way,
updated any firmware/drivers, or do you see any errors on bootup
before the OS starts?

The only way I have been able to determine what is going on is to
connect a kernel de* and try to see where it is crashing. You
could also check system in the control panel to enable crash dump if
it is not already.

Good Luck

Robert Quimbey, MCSE+Internet
Exchange Server Product Group
---

1. Exchange 2000 Hang Windows 2000

Hi to all,

I have some problem with my IBM iSeries cluster with Exchange 2000 cluster.
It means that I installed and configured all correctly, Windows 2000 A.S.
SP2 and Exchange 2000, it worked well when Information Store 2 was empty. I
moved a mailbox, about 350 Mbytes, without problems; but after some
operations on Windows 2000 A. S. (for example open Internet Explorer o My
computer), the operative system blocked all functions.
So I shutted down the node 1 and all services are switched on node2, but
when it seem to work, Windows 2000 is blocked.

Is there someone that knows somethings?

Thank you.

Cristiano

2. Custom forms

3. Exchange 2000 Hangs 2-3 times a day

4. Quoted Addresses

5. Exchange 2000 hangs nightly

6. Why recv but not send to internet

7. Exchange 2000 hangs up if AD user account is disabled.

8. Public Folders / Outlook Import

9. Exchange 2000 on Windows 2000 DC - Install Hangs

10. Exchange 2000 setup hangs

11. New Exchange 2000 Server unable to reply to inbound mail, just hangs in SMTP que

12. Exchange 2000 logs hang server

13. Exchange 2000 intermittently hangs