2 Calendars problem and Encoding problem

2 Calendars problem and Encoding problem

Post by escyth » Sat, 20 May 2000 04:00:00

hi,

I'm using Outlook 2000 as my Internet Mail Client.  But recently I have
added a Exchange
Server Mailbox to my Outlook, so that my colleague and I can view each
other's
calendar, task, etc, and also easy for planning a meeting.
But after adding the Exchange Mailbox, I found that my Outlook has 2
Calendar folders
(also 2 Task folder, etc), one is in the Personal Folders, another one is in
the
Mailbox (Exchange Mailbox).
I set the [Services/Delivery] to "Personal Folders", so the new Internet
Email goes to
Personal Folders/Inbox.  The Exchange Server Mail goes to Mailbox/Inbox, but
I found
 a interesting thing, if there is a new mail in Mailbox/Inbox, and you don't
open the new
mail item within 10 sec (roughly), that new mail will move to Person
Folders/Inbox
automatically.  If it is a meeting request mail, if you fast enough to open
it, the new
Calendar item will be in Mailbox/Calendar, else it will move to Personal
Folders/Inbox,
then you open it, the new Calendar item will be in Personal Folders/Calendar
(thus my
colleague won't be able to view my correct Calendar data, since the item
supposed to be
in MailBox/Calendar, but finally not, this is not what I want).

Question :
*1.  Is that a way to prevent the new mail in Mailbox/Inbox moving to
Personal Folders/Inbox?

Actually, I have tried to make it simple by using it only the Mailbox
folders, I import all
subfolders and items in Personal Folders to Mailbox and then delete the
Personal Folders,
so that my Outlook shows only the Mailbox folder.  Also set the
[Services/Delivery] to "Mailbox",
so the new Internet Mail goes to Maibox/Inbox.  But it incurred another
problem, the new Internet
mail if it is composed with Chinese language will get mess (corrupted).

Question :
*2.  Is this an encoding problem from Outlook 2000 or from Exchange Server?
*3.  How to configure it (Outlook or Exchange Server)?  So that Internet
Mail won't get mess (corrupted).

Thanks a lot.

2 Calendars problem and Encoding problem

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Sun, 21 May 2000 04:00:00

1. No.
2-3. I'd suspect the server. Check with the Exchange administrator to see
whether the server's Internet Mail Service can handle the Chinese encoding.
--
Sue Mosher
Author of

Quote:> hi,

Post by Ed Crowle » Tue, 23 May 2000 04:00:00

No.
--
Ed Crowley MCSE+Internet MVP-Exchange
Senior Consultant

Post by escyth » Wed, 01 Nov 2000 14:45:20

> [...]

> > Actually, I have tried to make it simple by using it only the Mailbox
> > folders, I import all
> > subfolders and items in Personal Folders to Mailbox and then delete the
> > Personal Folders,
> > so that my Outlook shows only the Mailbox folder.  Also set the
> > [Services/Delivery] to "Mailbox",
> > so the new Internet Mail goes to Maibox/Inbox.  But it incurred another
> > problem, the new Internet
> > mail if it is composed with Chinese language will get mess (corrupted).

> > Question :
> > *2.  Is this an encoding problem from Outlook 2000 or from Exchange
> Server?
> > *3.  How to configure it (Outlook or Exchange Server)?  So that Internet
> > Mail won't get mess (corrupted).

> > Thanks a lot.

2 Calendars problem and Encoding problem

Post by escyth » Wed, 01 Nov 2000 14:45:20

I'm not using Exchange Server as my Internet Mail Server, the SMTP and POP3
are actually run on
another UNIX server.  So the Mailbox folders in Outlook acts as a storage
folder only, but it surprised
me that the Mailbox folders seems cannot accept Chinese email and corrupted
it.

Actually, I'm one of the administrators of Exchange Server, but I have no
idea where to set the
Mailbox to accept Chinese encoding.

> [...]

> > Personal Folders/Inbox?

> > Actually, I have tried to make it simple by using it only the Mailbox
> > folders, I import all
> > subfolders and items in Personal Folders to Mailbox and then delete the
> > Personal Folders,
> > so that my Outlook shows only the Mailbox folder.  Also set the
> > [Services/Delivery] to "Mailbox",
> > so the new Internet Mail goes to Maibox/Inbox.  But it incurred another
> > problem, the new Internet
> > mail if it is composed with Chinese language will get mess (corrupted).

> > Question :
> > *2.  Is this an encoding problem from Outlook 2000 or from Exchange
> Server?
> > *3.  How to configure it (Outlook or Exchange Server)?  So that Internet
> > Mail won't get mess (corrupted).

> > Thanks a lot.

2 Calendars problem and Encoding problem

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Wed, 01 Nov 2000 14:45:21

Outlook should be able to handle the Chinese with the proper components
loaded. You might try going to Windows Update and downloading the latest
Chinese component for IE from there.

I think the idea of using a PST to receive from the POP account might be a
good thing to try to isolate the problem.
--
> [...]

> > > Personal Folders/Inbox?

> > > Actually, I have tried to make it simple by using it only the Mailbox
> > > folders, I import all
> > > subfolders and items in Personal Folders to Mailbox and then delete
the
> > > Personal Folders,
> > > so that my Outlook shows only the Mailbox folder.  Also set the
> > > [Services/Delivery] to "Mailbox",
> > > so the new Internet Mail goes to Maibox/Inbox.  But it incurred
another
> > > problem, the new Internet
> > > mail if it is composed with Chinese language will get mess
(corrupted).

> > > Question :
> > > *2.  Is this an encoding problem from Outlook 2000 or from Exchange
> > Server?
> > > *3.  How to configure it (Outlook or Exchange Server)?  So that

1. 2 Calendars problem and Encoding problem

[...]

2. Alternatives to Microsoft Cluster Service (MSCS)

3. restrict messages from for resources

4. CDO and attachments - encoding problem

5. MS Exchange Move Server Wizard

6. Encoding problem when storing newsgroups in public folders

7. Exchange & SQL 7.0

8. Problems using the pickup folder with TNEF encoded messages

9. Encoding PDF's problem

10. Problems with attachements in html encoded messages

11. Encoding/Decoding Problem ?

12. Encoding/decoding attachments problem?