Ldap access to AD for Global Address Book info?

Ldap access to AD for Global Address Book info?

Post by Ken » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 01:54:16

Hi,

In Exchange 5.5 to get access to the Global Address book
via ldap all you need to the server name.

With Exchange 2000 this info resides in AD. I have tried a
few different ways to get the same info as with E5.5 but
with no success. e.g. security/hidden info gets displayed
as well.

Do you know how one would only get User and Email groups
from AD?

Thanks

Ken

Post by MV » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 03:34:38

>Hi,

>In Exchange 5.5 to get access to the Global Address book
>via ldap all you need to the server name.

>With Exchange 2000 this info resides in AD. I have tried a
>few different ways to get the same info as with E5.5 but
>with no success. e.g. security/hidden info gets displayed
>as well.

>Do you know how one would only get User and Email groups
>from AD?

>Thanks

>Ken

Just to check, you're querying TCP 3268 instead of 389?

1. accessing AD global-address-book and information-store-contacts from LINUX

Hi everybody,

does anyone know how can I read/search/alter the address-book in
Active-Directory and the contacts in the exchange IS  from LINUX ?
I need either an API tool for interfacing with these contacts or any
help/references about the protocols and available methods for doing it.

(I'm trying to write a module in Linux that needs to be able to communicate
with the active-directory/exchange contacts).

thanks
 tidhar

2. Inbound Emails to non existent users?

3. Accessing & manipulating Exchange email

4. Creating a Global Address Book using another LDAP server

5. spewcancel:UPPSSNEWSPUB:AR554:@@NCM

6. ADSI-->LDAP access to Global Address List question

7. user's mail doesn't get in exchange's outbox

8. Accessing Global Address List by LDAP from Netscape Messenger

9. Multiple Global Address Books Or Address Book by Group

10. Offline address book doesn't contain entire Global Address Book

11. outlook address book vs pab vs global address books with exch server 4.0

12. LDAP Address Book Access from Netscape