AD not being updated correctly by Recipient Update Service

AD not being updated correctly by Recipient Update Service

Post by George Christia » Fri, 01 Mar 2002 06:47:25

Hi,

Just recently an odd problem has appeared. When I create a
new user, the mailbox gets created, and the recipients
policies generate the correct email addresses. However
when I try and access the mailbox using Outlook 2000,
Outlook Express, or HTTP, the user cannot log on. In the
event viewer, there is a message that a certain attribute;
msExchUserAccountControl; could not be read.

The technet articles regarding this, say to rebuild the
recipient policies using the recipient update service. I
have done this, but the attribute is still not being set
correctly. If I go into ADSIEdit, and change the attribute
to a 0 (zero), the user can log on.

SP2 was applied recently to this server. I have checked
the settings on the RUS, and the correct servers are
listed there.

Does anyone have any ideas?

AD not being updated correctly by Recipient Update Service

Post by Craig C. Regeste » Wed, 20 Mar 2002 05:10:31

Hello, I am having this same exact problem. Any
suggestions or did the previous poster solve this problem?

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi,

>Just recently an odd problem has appeared. When I create
>new user, the mailbox gets created, and the recipients
>policies generate the correct email addresses. However
>when I try and access the mailbox using Outlook 2000,
>Outlook Express, or HTTP, the user cannot log on. In the
>event viewer, there is a message that a certain
attribute;
>msExchUserAccountControl; could not be read.

>The technet articles regarding this, say to rebuild the
>recipient policies using the recipient update service. I
>have done this, but the attribute is still not being set
>correctly. If I go into ADSIEdit, and change the
attribute
>to a 0 (zero), the user can log on.

>SP2 was applied recently to this server. I have checked
>the settings on the RUS, and the correct servers are
>listed there.

>Does anyone have any ideas?
>.

AD not being updated correctly by Recipient Update Service

Post by Kur » Wed, 27 Mar 2002 05:13:39

I am having similar isues however in my case I am not getting any
e-mail addresses created.

I have tried changing the servers and deleting and recreating the RUS
to no avail...

Anyone seen this or have an answer?

Thanks,
Kurt

1. Email addresses not updated in AD, even after manual Recipient Policy update

I have created several new users for a new company we
have.  In the process I allowed Active Directory wizard
to create their mailboxes as well.  After over twenty
minutes, I could still not see their email addresses in
ADUC.  I checked the recipient update policy, which was
set to always run, and I also forced it to update now.
After ten minutes I still have no email addresses
showing.

I checked the event viewer and found an event related to
the Address List, but neither the KB nor eventid.net have
any documentation on it.

Hopefully someone else can provide some guidance.

Thank you,

Garry

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   MSExchangeAL
Event Category: Address List Synchronization
Event ID:       8331
Date:           2/14/2003
Time:           11:06:00 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       VCWH
The service threw an unexpected exception which was
caught at y:\dsa\src\lra\abv_dg\lservagent.cpp(4664)

For more information, click

2. Exchange and POP3 clients error

3. Recipient Update Service Not working Correctly.

4. Connecting two servers

5. Exchange 2000 GAL not updated correctly (modified groups not listed correctly in Outlook)

6. Anyone have any idea as to what this is about?

7. Recipient Update Service and AD Exchange Service Attribute

8. E2K Backup with NTBackup

9. Recipient Policies not Updating AD Accounts

10. Recipient Policies: Not Updating AD Accounts

11. Recipient Polices: Not updating AD User Accounts

12. Recipient Update Service NOT populating LDAP showInAddressBook

13. DC not visible in Recipient Update Service